Losing Everything

Maleficent POV

A woman with long white hair stood in front of y/n and me. Her bright blue eyes starting to fill with tears as she stared into y/n's. " Y/n?" the woman asked. "Mother?" y/n asked, tears pouring from her eyes. The woman smiled and walked to y/n, bringing her into a hug, wrapping her big white wings around her. "I heard about the ship hitting the iceberg and that you went overboard. I feared the worst happened to you," the white-haired woman said. "I missed you, mother," y/n said, nuzzling her head into the woman's chest. "I missed you too," the white heard woman said, kissing y/n's forehead. "If you want to save the fey, you all should leave this moment," the tundra elder said. "Y/n, you will stay here while the phoenix and I go and stop the war," the white-haired woman said. "What!? I'm going with you. Father and the fey are in danger," y/n said, slightly pulling away from her mother. "Y/n-" the white-haired woman started but was cut off by y/n. "No, mother. I am not going to shy away from this. I have grown to love the fey, and as they are your people, they are mines as well," y/n said sternly. 

"You have grown strong, y/n, and I can not argue with that," the white-haired woman said. "Y/n can ride on my back once I turn into my full dragon form," the white-haired woman said. "Let us go then," I said as the white-haired woman, y/n, and I walked through a tunnel leading towards the outside. The white-haired woman stepped in front of us, and blue and white magic began to surround her. The blue and white magic began to grow like a rising tornado. Then the magic vanished and revealed a large dragon. She looked just like the phoenix painting but with no horns. She then bent her neck down and let y/n climb on her. Together we flew to Ulstead. "So, what is our plan exactly?" y/n asked. "I am going after Queen Ingrid," I said. "My mother shall protect the fey, and I'll go after father," y/n said, her mother roaring in response. I nodded my head in agreement. After a few more minutes of flying, we were gliding right above Ulstead, hiding in the partly gray clouds. "Are you ready?" I asked, letting y/n know that this is her last chance to turn back. "Yes," y/n replied. With that response, the white-haired woman and I dove down through the clouds and into the battle between the fey and humans.

Your POV

I held onto my mother's feathers as she swan-dived down into Ulstead. As we made our way down, Maleficent parted away from us, going after Queen Ingrid. As mother drew closer towards the ground, I could see her trying to dodge gust of red dust. I looked around and saw humans shooting the red dust up into the air, trying to kill the fey. Mother used her big wings to push large gust of wings towards the humans to push them back. As soon as most of the humans were down, mother landed on the ground. I jumped off her back, sprinting towards a broken window. I tore a piece of my dress, wrapped it around my hands, and climbed into the window without much pain. I fell onto my hands and knees as a loud bang echo through the castle hallway I was in. The cold cheeker pattern marble floor vibrated uncomfortably against my slightly cut and bruised hands. I could hear behind me the loud thuds of multiple footsteps coming towards me.   "Halt in the name of the king," a group of guards said as they ran towards me, their swords were drawn and pointing towards me. I quickly pushed myself off the marble floor and ran down the hallway, pushing open, closing, and locking a wooden door. The guards began banging on the door as I looked at my surroundings. It was a staircase that led upwards, probably a tower. 

I ran up the staircase, expecting to be met by more guards at the top. However, when I got to the top, I could hear my father. He was screaming at someone. I looked ahead and saw my father arguing with a woman dressed in a very sparkly silver dress ad crown. "Queen Ingrid, this is madness. Humans and Dark Fey are dying in front of your eyes, and all you are doing is watching as if it was a sport," my father screamed. "This is what I wanted, King Gale. As long as all the fey die, no other deaths matter," Queen Ingrid said. "You're mad. I'm making my army withdraw. I refuse to watch this anymore. I should have never helped you," my father said. As he started to walk away, Queen Ingrid stabbed him in his side, and he fell to the ground. I ran towards my father, pressing my hand against his wound. "Y/n?" my father asked, grunting in pain. "Yes, father. It's me. I'm still alive," I said, feeling tears start to build in my eyes. "I guess my men didn't need to bring you to me. You brought yourself," Queen Ingrid said with a sickening grin. "What will you do once all the fey are dead?" I asked. "Oh Princess y/n. You've grown to like these winged beasts. It's not only the fey I want dead. It's all the faires. Once they are all dead, the moors will become mine, and I shall rule over all," Queen Ingrid said, watching the war. 

I pressed harder on my father's wound as I heard a loud roaring. I used my father's hand to put pressure on his wound, and I ran towards the edge and saw my mother roaring in pain. Guards wrapped iron chains around her wings, tail, legs, and head. Just as I was about to scream at Queen Ingrid, a blonde-haired girl ran up the staircase and was now standing in front of my father, Queen Ingrid, and me. "What have you done?" the blonde girl asked, about to attack Queen Ingrid but was grabbed by the guards. "I am just doing what should have done a long time ago," Queen Ingrid said. I bolted towards Queen Ingrid but was grabbed by more guards. "Now now, Princess y/n. Don't waste your energy. The best has yet to begin," Queen Ingrid said.

Then Maleficent flew down, landing in front of my father. Her eyes, yellow as the sun. Her wings opened as if she was going to hug the queen. Before Queen Ingrid could say anything, the blonde girl spoke. "God Mother,  I'm so sorry about what happened. This isn't you," the blonde- girl spoke as tears poured from her eyes. "You have chosen your side, and I have chosen mine," Maleficent said. "No, I'm sorry. Please believe me," the blonde girl pleaded. "Believe what?" Maleficent asked. "That your my mother, and I love you," the blonde girl said. Maleficent stopped and stared at the girl until Queen Ingrid pulled out a crossbow and shot Maleficent in the back. The blonde girl screamed as Maleficent withered away into nothing but ash. The guards began to pull the blonde girl away as she fought against them. Then Queen Ingrid turn the same crossbow to my mother, reloading it. She pulled the trigger, letting the bomb-like arrow go and pierce my mother's thigh. My mother roared out in pain as her body, just like Maleficent, turned into ash. 

I fell to my knees, feeling numb.' My mother was gone. Maleficent was gone. Our only hope was gone.' "Do you see now Aurora, Princess y/n? This is true power. More than any fairy will ever have," Queen Ingrid said. She then turned to my father, who was starting to turn pale. "There is no need for King Gale or Queen Aurora anymore. Throw them over," Queen Ingrid commanded. The guards let go of me and walked over to my father. They picked him and Aurora up and were about to throw them over the edge when I ran and grabbed their hands. I held onto both of them as tight as I could, but they were becoming too heavy. I turned to see Queen Ingrid about to push me off the edge of the tower when she turned to see the pool of ash that was once Maleficent turn into a dragon, the same as my mother once was but with horns and was completely black. She roared, causing everything and everyone to stop what they were doing and look at her. "Mother!" Aurora screamed as my grip on the two loosened. Maleficent spat out a green fireball aiming for Queen Ingrid but missed her and hit the structure of the tower under me.  

The tower broke into pieces. Queen Ingrid ran away. Without thinking, I used all my strength to throw Aurora onto the remaining tower platform, letting myself and my father fall. "I love you, father," I said as the ground grew near. "I love you too, y/n," my father said, wrapping his arms around me, bringing me into a final hug. I looked down and saw we were about to fall into the castle greenhouse. My father held me tightly. "Live for your mother and me," my father whispered into my ear. Before I could say anything, we fell through the green-house glass ceiling and landed on now crushed plants. 

Everything was silent. There were no screams of pain or terror. I did not scream in pain as large and small pieces of glass sat deeply inside of my arms, shoulders, and legs. I slowly pushed myself up, looking down at my father's body. Blood poured from his mouth and his back. His eyes stared above into the now bright blue sky. I looked upward to see the humans and fey no longer fighting but instead were staring at me. I stood, walking out of the greenhouse, fey, and humans making a path towards where my mother's ashes were. I knelt towards the ashes, knowing that this was what was left of my mother. As soon as I rubbed my hand over the ashes, my heart began to race. My breaths became fast and heavy. I was filled with rage and anger. My back began pulsing like something was trying to come out. I felt like I was about to explode. Everything around me became a blur as I couldn't hold in my anger anymore.