Plan

No One POV

You gasped for air as you regained your consciousness. You sat bolt upright. You had been tucked into your bed, the curtain drawn, blocking any light from outside. 

You could feel gauze tightly wrapped around your head. Your hair had been freed from the neat bun it had once been in. Looking down, you saw that you were in your white nightgown. 

Slowly, you pulled back the covers and swung your feet off the bed. Your wings lay lifelessly behind you. You looked at the floor, wanting to get up, but found it challenging. One might ask what was so tricky about standing up. To you, everything felt new. Like it was your first time seeing and doing all these simple tasks. 

Taking a deep breath, you stood, shakingly adjusting to the weight of your body. "One step at a time," You dryly whispered to yourself. You placed one foot in front of the other and began walking in a small circle until you were sure you could walk without assistance. 

Out of the corner of your e/c eye, you saw a white robe lying on a chair in the corner of your room. You crept towards the robe until you were standing in front of it. Picking up the robe, after a few seconds of examining it, you concluded that it was Udo's. You could barely feel the heat Udo's body left. "Udo was here," You muttered softly, your dry and cracked lips pulled into a small smile. Your joints cracked as you wrapped Udo's robe around your stiff body. The robe was large and somewhat dragged on the ground behind you. 

As you turned towards the door, your stomach growled with hunger. You reached the door, opened it, and left your room.

You stood in the hallway, barely recognizing it. The hallway was illuminated by candlelight and the moonlight. The large windows opposite to you showed the night sky. You looked up and down the hallway, seeing no one in sight. You weren't sure if it was the hunger, but your gut was telling you to go left. 

The hallway seemed endless as you continued to walk. Your bare feet slapped against the cold marble floor. Your wings dragged, leaving a trail of white feathers behind you. 

You could hear multiple voices as you came to a semi-familiar room. You quietly stood by the ajar door. 

"If they meet in public, the chances of calling off this marriage would be even slimmer,"
"And if they don't, we risk starting a war with King Jago,"
"Why did King Jago decide to announce this now? Why in front of all the royals? How did he even get into the castle?"
"We have the same questions, but the most important thing is y/n's health." 

The voices sounded familiar, so you peeked inside the room. The room looked to be a bedroom. A large crib was against the wall. Two babies slept peacefully as the three adults continued to murmur. You looked at the three adults, instantly recognizing them. Your mother sat on the bed next to your father, holding hands as your mother rested her head on your father's shoulder. Udo sat on a chair in front of them, hunched over. All of them were tired, you could tell. They were all dressed in their night attire, and black circles outlined their eyes. 

You were about to open the door when your stomach growled again—making you groan from the discomfort growing in your empty stomach. The conversation between your mother, father, and Udo stopped. Everything went silent in the room as you covered your mouth, trying not to make another sound. You were about to back away when the double doors were kicked open, making you fall on your bottom and slide across the marble floor. You looked up to see your father and Udo pointing swords at you. When they saw it was you, they dropped their swords and rushed to your side. 

"Snowflake, what are you doing out of bed?" Your father questioned, his words filled with worry. "My love, you shouldn't be up. You need to rest," Udo brushed some of your messy hair behind your ear. Before you could speak, Udo wrapped his arm around your back and under your legs, lifting you up and gingerly carrying you into your parent's room. Your mother stood from the bed, letting Udo lay you down in her place. "Y/n, how are you feeling?" Your mother asked as she sat next to you, looking over your gauze-covered head. "Hungry," You croaked, placing a hand on your clothed stomach. Your mother nodded her head and stood. "Gale, I don't want to wake the maids up at this hour. Why don't you and I go to the kitchen and fix some food for Y/n?" Your father nodded and left with your mother, leaving you and Udo alone.