Scars and Beauty

There is a certain part in this chapter that describes your father, Gale. I just picked a random description, and you can change it if you want. 

Your POV

"What happened to you, y/n?" Shrike asked while unbraiding her hair. "I fell from a tower that nearly killed me, and I almost bled out from my back," I said sheepishly. "How did you even get to the battle? You didn't have wings before," Ini said, massaging the sides of her head. "Don't stress yourself over this, Ini. It happened in the past so let's leave it there," I said, unwrapping some of my bandages. "I know, but it just doesn't make sense," Ini said while beginning to take off her dress. "Your logical thinking is starting to get to your head, Ini," Shrike laughed. Ini playfully pouted and folded her arms. I laughed with Shrike, helping her undo her dress. "So, how was the celebration last night?" I asked with a smug smile. Ini turned to me with wide eyes. "You can read minds a well? Y/n, why have you changed so much?" Ini practically screamed. 

"No, I can't read minds, but I can smell rum. The sent was especially strong near Borra's hut," I said. "If I remember correctly, you were with Borra in his hut last night, Ini," Shrike said with a smug smile. "He got drunk, and I didn't want him to do anything stupid," Ini justified her actions. I just laughed, not wanting to pick on Ini anymore. Ini, Shrike, and I finished undressing and got into the hot springs. We all sighed and sank into the warm water. "Hey Y/n, remember when I first took you to the hot springs to bathe?" Shrike asked. "Yes, I do," I said.

Flashback

I had my blanket wrapped around myself as Shrike led me through the rainforest. "Shrike, where are you taking me?" I asked. "You've been here for almost a week, and you haven't bathe yet. I refuse to let you walk around here smelling like a pig," Shrike said, continuing to drag me through the rainforest. "Well, that's because I don't want anyone to see me with nothing on," I whined. "Didn't your mother ever tell you that all women are beautiful underneath their clothes?" Shike asked. "Yes, but I still don't want anyone to see me without any clothes on," I whined. Shrike just laughed. After walking for a few seconds Shrike and I arrived at the hot spring. 

A large waterfall filled the hot spring. Steam rose from the water. Flowers and other vegetation surrounded the hot spring. "Shrike, it's beautiful here," I exclaimed. "Well, the Rainforest is well known for its natural beauty," Shrike laughed to herself.  We walked down a rock-like staircase that led to the hot spring. "Here, I made this soap for you. I used some of the fruit here to give it a sweet fragrance," Shrike said, handing me a bottle of pink soap. After taking the bottle, I began to unwrap the blanket from myself when I noticed that Shrike was starting to get undress. "Shrike, what are you doing?" I asked, quickly rewrapping myself in my blanket. "You're not the only one who needs to bathe, y/n," Shrike laughed, continuing to undress. "Don't you want a little...privacy?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. "As I said before, y/n, all women are beautiful underneath their clothing," Shrike said with a smile. I sighed, knowing that Shrike wasn't going to leave. Shrike finished undressing and jumped into the hot spring without a second thought. 

"Aren't you jumping in? The water isn't too hot," Shrike said. I quickly unwrapped the blanket from myself and jumped into the hot spring. "See, it's not that bad, is it?" Shrike said, gently splashing water against me. I laughed, splashing water back at Shrike. 'Maybe this won't be so bad.'

End of Flashback

"I was so scared to undress in front of you," I said, giggling to myself. "I don't blame you for being scared. Here, every young girl is scared of showing off her body whenever she bathes. Here, women aren't judged by their figure, unlike humans. Human men are so judgemental about a women's body. It's like all human women always must have a tiny waist and big hips. It makes me sick to think human men act that way," Ini huffed in anger. "Not to mention, they also hit their women. They don't even respect their women. They carry children, and in return, they get beaten," Shrike hissed. I sighed, knowing that some men did beat their wives. "Has anyone ever beat you, y/n?" Ini asked.