Not so easy

Your POV

I awoke to my make-shift bed, as I did every day. It was darker than usual. Feuer wasn't by my side, and everything felt dead. Slowly, I crept out of my bed and walked to the entrance of my hut. I held my white wings closely to me as a slightly cold breeze brushed against my slightly exposed skin. Other than the whistle of the cold wind, there were no other sounds. Pushing open the curtain that led towards the outside, I was greeted with nothing. It was completely dark. There were no trees, grass, bushes, or fey. 

"HEY!" I screamed into the darkness. Muffled voices started to cry out to me. I wanted to step out of my hut, but the fear of darkness swallowing me clouded my mind. "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!" I screamed back towards the muffled cries. The muffled voices responded the same way as before. The voices were still too muffled for me to make out what they were saying. "I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!?" I screamed, but there was no muffled response. There was only the whistling wind. I sighed, about to close the brown curtain until the muffled voices screamed at me in pain. The voices switched between different people, all familiar to me. At first, it would be my mother, father, Maleficent, Borra, Ini, Shrike, and Udo. 

Other than the voices, I could hear the crackling of burning firewood. "Y/N! RUN!" my mother and father screamed. "DON'T LET THEM CATCH YOU!" Maleficent screamed next. "YOU MUST ESCAPE, OR YOU'LL BURN TOO!" Borra, Ini, and Shrike screamed all together. "THEIR COMING, MY LOVE. RUN, PLEASE, RUN-!" Udo screamed before being cut off even louder screams of pain. The darkness around me turned into fire. My body began heating up. It felt like I was melting. I moved back into my hut that was starting to catch fire. 

"WITCHES DESERVE TO BURN, PRINCESS," A female voice screamed. "JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER, YOU BOTH ARE WITCHES," an older male voice screamed next. "WHO ARE YOU?" I screamed, the fire consuming more of my hut. "YOUR MOTHER'S WORST ENEMY!" the woman screamed. I was now pushed up against my make-shift bed, the fire coming closer and closer to me. "YOUR MOTHER TOOK SOMEONE SPECIAL FROM ME, AND NOW I'M JUST RETURNING THE FAVOR!" the woman screamed as everything started to shake violently. "NO, NO, I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" I screamed as the fire surrounded me. The fire came in contact with my skin, first blistering, then burning, and showing muscle. As the fire consumed me, all I could do was scream in pain.

Elurra POV

It was a lovely morning as Udo and I walked through the rainforest biome towards Y/n's hut. The fey flew around happily with one another. "So, how has my daughter been while I've been gone?" I asked, ducking under a branch. "Good, her wounds have fully healed, and other than the incident yesterday, everything has gone smoothly," Udo assured me. "That's good news," I sighed with relief. "Queen Elurra?" Udo called from behind me. "Yes, Udo," I asked, not walking any further and turning around towards Udo. "Will you be taking y/n back to Senara?" Udo asked. I paused for a moment, looking down at the ground. 'It isn't my choice whether y/n stays or not. She's 18 years old, and she can make her own choices. However, she is mine and Gale's only child and heir to the throne of Senara.' 

"It isn't my choice, and I can't force her. As you know, she is a princess and heir to the throne. Gale and I don't have any other children. It is y/n's choice, and whatever she chooses, I'll respect it," I said, looking back up at Udo. Udo was about to respond when a loud, high-pitch scream filled Udo and I's ears. Udo and I covered our ears and turned towards the direction of the scream. It came from y/n's hut. Just as we were about to fly towards her hut, everything started to shake violently. Looking towards the forest biome, the trees and grass started to get consumed by ice and snow. The orange hue radiating from the forest biome started to turn light blue. Not waiting another second, Udo and I took off into the sky, heading toward the forest biome. 

Forest fey immerged from the forest biome, heavily covered in frost. The snow and frost grew into ice spikes covering the hut that y/n stayed in. Udo and I landed in front of the entrance of y/n's hut, which was covered in frost. "Y/n, are you alright?" Udo shouted from beside me. Y/n emerged from the frost and snow-covered hut. Her hair was snow-white, her skin was pale, and her eyes were blue. Her f/c dress was covered in frost along with her fingertips. Fey from every biome surrounded y/n's hut. As soon as y/n saw me, she ran into my arms. "Y/n, what is wrong?" I asked, stroking her hair. "I had a night terror. I was called a witch and burned alive. When I woke up, I was surrounded by snow and frost," Y/n said, holding me tighter. "It's ok, y/n. It was just a night terror," I assured her. 

I turned to Udo, who looked very worried about y/n. "Udo, take my daughter and calm her down. I'm going to stay here and get rid of the frost," I said. "Is that ok with you, y/n?" I asked. "Yes," Y/n said, letting go of me. "I will come and look for you in a while," I said, starting to use my magic to get rid of the frost. The crunching of frost and snow assured me that Udo and y/n had left. 'Y/n hasn't discovered her powers until mer days ago. No one has ever called her a witch, unlike me. A few people have called me a witch, and I was close to being burned alive before. However, that was before Gale and I were married. That was all because one of the females from the royal court was in love with Gale and was jealous of me. I will never forget what that woman did to me. Y/n can never know what happened.'

Udo POV

"That was so embarrassing," Y/n said, hiding her head in her hands. I chuckled at y/n's actions. "It's ok. At least you didn't freeze the entire Nest of Origin," I said with a smile. Y/n took her head out of her hands and looked at me with a horrified look. "Really?" Y/n asked, holding her arms. "Just trying to lighten to mood," I said innocently. "Sure," Y/n said, walking ahead of me. We walked all the way to the rainforest biome, where we stopped at a patch of coconut trees. 

I heard y/n sigh heavily in front of me. She looked down at her frost-covered fingertips. "Udo?" y/n called out, not looking at me. "Yes?" I replied. Y/n hesitated before she continued her question. "Do humans consider Darkfey witches?" Y/n asked. "Probably, the Darkfey are given so many names it's hard to keep track," I said honestly. I heard y/n sigh again, letting her posture slouch down. "What will my kingdom think of me when they find out about my powers?" Y/n asked, looking down. "I don't know, y/n," I said, walking towards her and wrapping my arms around her. 

Y/n shifted herself so that her face was now buried in my chest. "I'm sure if your kingdom was able to accept your mother, they'll also be able to accept you," I said, kissing y/n's temple. I heard y/n giggled into my chest, making a smile appear on my face. "Thank you, Udo,"  Y/n said. "Your welcome, Y/n," I responded. 

Elurra POV

As I continued to get rid of the frost and snow, a familiar voice caught my attention. "Well, well, what happened here?" Maleficent asked, standing next to a frost-covered tree. "Y/n had a little incident, that's all," I replied. I raised my hands, making all the frost and snow evaporate much faster. The orange hue of the forest biome returned. Maleficent sat her staff on the side of the tree and began to applaud my actions. "Impressive, Elurra," Maleficent said with a small smirk that could be seen if you looked close enough. "Jealous?" I asked, raising my brow and giggling slightly. "Never," Maleficent said, picking up her staff and walking towards me. 

"Training y/n to control her powers is going to be hard work," I said, brushing some of my hair behind my ear. "I think she'll be a fast learner," Maleficent said plainly. "So do I," I said, my lips curving into a small smile. Then there was a long silence between Maleficent and me until she spoke. "How did it feel when you started to rule over humans?" Maleficent asked, turning her back and wings towards me. "I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question," I frowned my brows at Maleficent. "After all the humans did to our kind, you had a chance to get back at them. You are ruling a kingdom full of humans you could kill with the snap of your finger. Why didn't you?" Maleficent asked, her back and wings still turned towards me. 

"I took the role as Queen when I married my husband. By the time I married him, I had already fallen in love with him. My kingdom loves me, and I love it back. If I were to kill my entire kingdom, I would have created more of a problem for the fey. We were almost extinct and still are. The more we fight, the more we lose. I love my kingdom, but I love the fey as well and will not let them die because of my hatred," I spoke truthfully. Maleficent sighed heavily, turning all the way around, so we were facing one another. "Do you still hate the humans?" Maleficent asked, cocking her head to the side. "Not as much as I use to," I said, looking down at my sapphire wedding ring. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Maleficent stare at my wedding ring before turning away quickly. 

"I should go and find y/n. I'm going to teach her to fly today," I said, looking towards the direction of the rainforest biome. "Understood, it was nice talking to you, Elurra," Maleficent said, starting to walk deeper into the forest biome before being stopped by a messenger fey. "Oh, pardon me, phoenix and hornless fey, but the elders wish to speak to both of you," the messenger fey said.