I love you

1 day before the battle, Udo POV

I punched and I kicked the Icey wall in front of me. My punches may not be the strongest but they should be enough to keep Borra down. I've never trained so much in my whole life. Y/n can't die because of my weakness. I don't know what I'll do if y/n dies. "Udo" I heard y/n weakly call out from behind me. I turned to her and asked "Y/n, you should be asleep and Connal should be watching you". Y/n walked up to me with tears stained cheeks. I turned to y/n and asked with a hint of worry in my voice "Y/n are you ok? Did some hurt you". Y/n wiped a few tears away and said "No. I'm scared for you Udo. You could die because of me". I chuckled slightly and said, "I'm not going to die". Y/n walked up closer to me and took one of my hands into her hands. She said, "Look at your knuckles. They are bruised and covered in blood. Your bringing harm to yourself, not even knowing if you're going to win or lose". 

'She was right. I wasn't sure if I was going to win or lose. I've done nothing but punch and kick the same wall all day without stopping. My knuckles were bruised and bloody but I'm doing this for her. I can't even fill the pain'. I sighed and said "I can't feel it. My knuckles. It's like they've gone numb. It could be from the ice particles resting on the open cuts and bruises. I'm not sure what it is but I know that I'm not going to let you die". Y/n clutched onto my hand tighter and asked while letting more tears fall down her face "Why are you doing this for someone you've only known for a month? I haven't done anything worth a fey fighting for my life. Why are you fighting for me and instead of listing to your own kin and kill me". I used my wings and brought y/n into a hug. 

I said "Y/n I'm doing this because I care about you. I fought for you to stay here and I'm not going to stop fighting until I know that your safe and no harm will come to you. True it seems that I've turned on my own kin but that is not your fault. That was a choice I chose to make. My kin can hate me all they want but at least you'll be safe". Y/n nuzzled herself deeper in my bare chest and asked "But why do all this for me". I took a deep breath and said "Because I love you". Y/n stiffened in my arms. She began to pull away from me and I let her go. She looked up at me with slightly wide eyes. I rubbed the back of my neck, debating on what to say next. After a few seconds of silence y/n cleared her throat and asked "Y-you said t-that you love m-me". I cringed as y/n repeated what I said. 

I turned my back to her and responded "Y-yes I did". I quickly began to apologize "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Your probably really upset and I just most likely made it worst". The crunching of snow behind me filled my ears as y/n walked closer to me. My heart began to race she wrapped her arms around my torso. She said "Udo I-i love you as well". I turned around to face y/n, wrapping my arms around her. Y/n nuzzled her face into my bare chest once again. She said with a slight smile "I've loved you ever since you saved me the first time we met. Though my feelings for you weren't as strong then, they are stronger than ever". I smiled back at y/n and said "I've loved you ever since I found you in the tunnel. Even though you were covered in blood and bruises I could still see how beautiful you are. Your alose really strong and brave". Y/n wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer to her. Without thinking I kissed her and she kissed back. After what seemed like forever we parted for air while staring into each other's eyes. I said "I wasn't going to tell you because I was scared that I'd lose the battle and you'd die. I don't want to lose you". Y/n put her hands on my cheeks and said "If you don't win and I die, I won't be mad. Atleast I'll die with knowing that you love me". I pulled y/n into a hug, knowing that tonight might be the last time I'll see y/n alive.