Wings

Udo POV

Queen Elurra and I sat on a bench together in the hallway that led to y/n and her father's room. Guards from both Ulstead and Senara bowed as they passed us. Our hands stained with y/n's blood. "That wasn't so bad," Queen Elurra said. "I'm glad she was unconscious during the whole process. It would have been painful for her if she wasn't," I said with a sigh of relief. "Her wings came out easier than I expected," Queen Elurra stated, still in shock from the event that occurred not long ago. The hallway slowly turned from dim to bright. The warm sun showed itself through the large windows scattered throughout the hallway. We then sat in silence, not having much more to talk about.

 "You stayed," Queen Elurra said, staring ahead.

"I beg your pardon?" I question.

"All of the fey have already gone back to The Nest of Origin. Yet you stayed. Why?"

"I just want to make sure y/n will be ok," I said while playing with my fingers.

Queen Elurra turned to me with a smile on her face. She giggled as I shyly hide behind my wings. "I see why y/n as claimed you as her friend. You are such a sweet and caring fey," she said. I couldn't help but feel warm and fuzzy inside as she said that. "T-thank you," I said. "Your welcome," Queen Elurra replied. 'I wonder if the story is true. Did she really offer herself to a prince to protect the fey? How great is her power? What happened after she went with the prince? I have so many questions I want to ask.' "Excuse me, may I ask you something?" I asked sheepishly. Queen Elurra nodded, awaiting my question. 

"Did you really offer yourself to a prince to protect the dark fey?"

"It's something like that,"

"You are one of the most powerful fey there is. Couldn't you have just killed the prince and stayed with the dark fey?"

"Your right. I could have killed him, but I chose not to because if I were to have killed the prince,  then other kingdoms would have come after the fey,"

Queen Elurra then turned to me and spoke softly. "I didn't want to leave my home, but if it meant protecting my people-" she choked on her own words. Immediately I felt regret. "Please forgive me. I didn't mean to upset you," I said. "It's alright," Queen Elurra said, standing up and walking towards the door that led to her husband's room. "It's been a long night, and I think it would be best if you got some rest," she said, walking into her husband's room. I was now left alone in the hallway. I truly was tired and exhausted. My posture was slouched, and my wings lifelessly laid behind me. I laid my back against the wall, taking some of the pressure off my back. I closed my eyes, not caring about anything that was happening around me and letting sleep take over me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elurra POV

Closing the wooden door behind myself, I walked over to the bed my husband was resting in. I stood by his side, painfully examining the state he was in. Almost his entire body was wrapped in what used to be crisp, white bandages but was now blood red. His shoulder-length hair was spread out across a fluffy pillow. "Why did you do it? Why did you listen to her?" disappointment dripped from my lips as I spoke softly. "Was it something I had done? Why did you lie to me? Why did you break your promise?" tears started to form in the corner of my eyes as a held my husband's bandaged hand. "Just... why?" I knelt next to the bed. Tears slowly came from my eyes. Light whimpers escaped my lips as they quivered. "My... love?" Gale said, squeezing my hand. 

I looked up, my eyes meeting his. A smile grew across my face. "Y/n... w-where... is y/n? Is... she ok?" Gale said in a deep and dry voice. "Y/n is fine. She is healing, as should you," I said while checking some of Gale's bandages. "I'm sorry. I should have never trusted Queen Ingrid. I made the horrible decision to forget the promise I made to you," Gale said, winching in pain as he spoke. "Then why? What did I do that made you forget your promise to me," I asked. "You have done nothing, my love. The fault is on me. I deserve everything that has happen to me," Gale turned his head, so he was no longer facing me. "Do not say such things," I protested. Gale sighed and looked out of a window towards the orange-blue sky. "Is the war still going on?" Gale asked. "No. The fey have gone back to The Nest of Origin, I've sent a few knights back to Senara, and Queen Ingrid was turned into a goat," I said with a smile. Gale chuckled and locked hands with me. "Thank you for staying with me, Elurra," Gale said, flashing me a soft smile. "Your welcome, Gale,"