Preparation

No one POV

It had been two months since you and your family had left the Nest of Origin. Everybody in the kingdom was excited about your return. After weeks of celebrations, everything went back to normal. Well, almost. The maids and servants treated you the same way they did before you went missing. They tried to do everything for you, fearing you'd hurt yourself. After a lot of convincing, the maids and servants let you do things on your own. Your mother and father looked after the kingdom. However, they spoke about you becoming queen in secret. Your flying and control over your magic grew better the more you practiced. Now, you were preparing for the union of your kingdom, Ulstead, The Moors, and the Dark fey.

Your POV

I awoke to the sun shining on me through my window. I sat up, stretching out my limbs and wings. 

(You can either pick from these or use your imagination)

I pushed back the blankets and hopped out of bed

I pushed back the blankets and hopped out of bed. While walking over to the curtains, I could feel the heat from outside. "About time summer came," I said with a smug smile. I threw the curtains open, letting light fill my room. The sky was blue with little to no white clouds in the sky. The sun shined down on Senara, not a snowflake in sight. 'Finally, a summer without snow. I'm starting to love having control over snow.' I turned away from the window and focused on my desk. Stacked papers and books were on top of it. My quill sat in a cup of ink on the far right. 'I'd been working for days on the union. I read everything I could about Ulstead and The Moors. I'd been preparing for this union ever since I'd returned home. I was determined to build peace between our different worlds.

A knock from my door startled me. "Y/n, it's me," my mother spoke from the other side of the door. "Yes, mother?" I asked. "Yesterday, you wanted to talk to your father and me about your plan for the union over breakfast, correct?" My mother asked. 'Oh dear, I forgot about that.' "Oh, yes, I'll be right there," I said, rushing to my wardrobe. I picked a dress and put it on without hesitation.

While checking myself in my mirror, I put my hair in a bun

While checking myself in my mirror, I put my hair in a bun. With a satisfied nod, I left my room barefoot and confident. Maids bowed as I passed, and I bowed back. The long hallway soon came to an end as I reached the dining room. Opening the doors, I saw my mother and father sitting at the table waiting for me. "Morning," I said. I sat down on the opposite side of the table from my mother. As we began to put food on our plates, my father spoke. "What do you want us to know about your plan for the union?" My father asked, pouring himself a cup of coffee. With a smile on my face, I spoke. "I've finished my studies on Ulstead and The Moors. I've gathered much-needed information to use in the union. I've already sent this news to Aurora, Philip, and Maleficent. Maleficent shall inform Udo," I said, clapping my hands together. My mother and father smiled proudly at me. "That is wonderful news," My mother said. "When will you leave for Ulstead?" My father asked. I rubbed the back of my neck as I spoke again. "Uh, in a few weeks. However, I will not directly go to Ulstead. I'll be stopping by the Nest of Origin to get Udo and Maleficent. Also, I was hoping you would accompany me," I said, biting the joint of my finger. 

My father stared at me for a few seconds before speaking again. "You want me to go with you? To the Nest of Origin and Ulstead?" My father asked, narrowing his eyes. "Yes, it is agreed that whoever signs for the union must have a witness. Mother has already been to Ulstead and the Nest of Origin. Now, I was hoping you'd like to go," I said with a small smile. My father turned to my mother. "Are you alright with ruling the kingdom while we're gone?" My father asked. My mother laughed, putting her hand on my father's cheek. "I'll be fine, Gale. I'd love for you to see where I grew up," my mother said. My father nodded, taking my mother's hand into his. "Alright, I'll go," My father said with a smile. I cheered and hugged my father. "I can't wait for you to meet my friends," I said. 

My father turned to me and asked me a question. "Is Udo one of your friends?" My father asked, raising a brow. "Yes, why?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. "It's nothing, snowflake, but you two did seem a bit close back in Ulstead," My father said. "Udo and I are just friends, father. He was simply worried about me," I justified. My father spoke as he sighed. "Alright, as long as he doesn't try anything with you, everything should be fine between him and me," My father said in a calm but threatening tone. I gulped at his words, not sure what he meant. 

'Father wouldn't hurt Udo if he found out about our relationship... 

...right?'