Similarities

"Princess Y/n," Prince Sable greeted quietly, stiffly bowing to you. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Ini shouted, struggling against Borra's grip. Prince Sable backed away from Ini, clearly afraid of her. You turned your head toward Udo and squeezed his hand, unsure what to do or say. Udo gave you a reassuring smile as he wrapped one of his enormous wings around you. With a straight face, he spoke.

"How did you find us?" Udo asked. "I-I followed you. I set up a small camp in the forest," Prince Sable explained. "Why? There is nothing for you here," Udo said, tightening his grip around you. Prince Sable glanced at you before averting his eyes back to the floor. "I wish to speak with Princess Y/n," Prince Sable kept staring at the ground. "What do you wish to speak with her about?" Udo raised a brow. Prince Sable looked up at Udo, biting his bottom lip as he hesitantly spoke. "It is something I only wish to discuss with Princess Y/n," Prince Sable insisted. "Over my dead body will I let you be alone with Y/n for even one second," Udo said sternly. Shrike turned her head toward you and Udo. "Do you wish for him to leave?" Shrike asked.

Udo looked down at you, waiting for a response. You pressed your lips into a thin line as you gently stocked Udo's wing, letting him know you could handle it from here. "No, that won't be necessary, Shrike. I wish to hear what Prince Sable has to say," You said. You turned to Ini, seeing how tense she was. "Borra, could you take Ini to the kitchen and prepare some tea?" You asked. Borra nodded, leading Ini toward the kitchen while keeping a safe distance from Prince Sable. Ini kept sending death glares as she was led away. "I'll be in the dining room reading if you need me," Shrike nodded toward you before leaving, glaring sharply at Prince Sable. Udo brushed some hair behind your ear. "I'll be in the living room by the fire. Shout for me if anything happens," Udo said. Udo leaned in, kissing you on the lips. He made sure to make eye contact with Prince Sable. Udo pulled away, reluctantly leaving you and Prince Sable alone.

"Now that we're alone, what is it that you wished to talk about?" You asked, walking down the remainder of the stairs. "The marriage," Prince Sable said quietly. It didn't surprise you that he wanted to discuss your arranged marriage. You hummed, folding your arms as you leaned against one of the stair railings. "What of it?" You asked. Prince Sable took a deep breath before speaking. "From what I've heard, you seem like a charming woman, but I can not marry you," Prince Sable said. After hearing those words, a weight was lifted off your shoulders. "It shouldn't be surprising, but I can not marry you either," You said with a slight chuckle. Prince Sable smiled at you, the tension in the room instantly disappearing. You moved, so you were sitting on the second to last step. You patted the space next to you, inviting Prince Sable to sit with you. Hesitantly, Prince Sable sat next to you.

"Do you know why your father is so bent over having us marry?" You asked. Prince Sable ran his fingers through his snow-covered hair as he spoke. "My father is jealous, to say the least. He hates how your kingdom has more wealth and beauty than ours. He can't stand being second best. So, he searched for anything that would make him look better. Only the gods know how long he searched until he found the agreement to the union," Prince Sable sighed heavily, obliviously frustrated with his father. "The only reason your father brought up this arranged marriage is because of jealously?" You asked, narrowing your eyes. "I hate to say it, but yes. My father could care less about us marrying. Senara is one of the most beautiful and wealthy kingdoms. Being associated with it would guarantee much recognition and praise," Prince Sable looked at you from the corner of his eyes.

Prince Sable turned to look at the door leading to the living room, where Udo was. "You're in love with him, aren't you?" Prince Sable asked, turning back to you. "More than you know. He is the man I shall marry," You said, showing Prince Sable your engagement. Suddenly, Prince Sable's eyes lit up as he stared at your ring. "Did he propose to you before or after the reveal of the arranged marriage?" Prince Sable asked, his wide eyes meeting your e/c eyes. "Before, why?" You answered, raising a brow. Prince Sable laughed, overjoyed at your answer. "We might be able to stop this arranged marriage," Prince Sable said gleefully. "How?" You asked. "We'll need to speak with your fiancee," Prince Sable said, sheepishly turning towards the closed living room doors. You nodded, standing up alongside Prince Sable. "UDO!!!" You shouted at the top of your lungs.

Within seconds, both the living and dining room doors burst open. Udo rushed out of the living room, holding two decorative swords pointed at Prince Sable. His icy blue eyes were filled with fury. Shrike, Borra, and Ini rushed from the dining room, ready to attack Prince Sable. Shrike had the same dagger from before pointed at Prince Sable. She kept her eyes on Prince Sable, prepared to strike at any second. Borra had dragged one of the chairs from the dining room table behind him. His knuckles turned white from his tight grip on the chair. Ini held a small pot filled with boiled tea. Her mouth was twisted into a sneer.

"What did he do? Did he hurt you? He hurt you, didn't he?" Ini hissed, ready to unleash her vengeance. "No, no, no. Prince Sable didn't do anything to me. So...everyone can put their weapons down," You said, trying to calm everyone down. Slowly, everyone lowered whatever weapon they had except Ini. She kept the small pot of tea close to her chest.

"Prince Sable thinks there is a way to stop the marriage," You said, turning to Udo. Udo looked at Prince Sable and then back to you. "Speak," Udo said lowly. "Princess Y/n showed me her engagement ring and told me that you proposed to her before the reveal of our arranged marriage. If it is true that you proposed to Princess Y/n first, then this arranged marriage is meaningless," Prince Sable explained. "I did propose to Y/n first. You can ask King Gale and Queen Elurra. They helped me plan everything leading up to the proposal," Udo confirmed. A slight smirk appeared on Prince Sable's face. "As long as the King and Queen agreed to your marriage, then that makes you Princess Y/n's rightful fiancee'," Prince Sable continued. You smiled, running over to Udo and hugging him tightly. You felt him hug you back and kiss the top of your head.

"While I'm glad about the news, we still have a problem. How do we stop the wedding?" Shrike asked, tucking her dagger away. Prince Sable's smirk went away, and he became quiet. "That's what we need to figure out," Udo said, keeping his arms around you. You hummed, leaning your head against Udo's chest, unsure what to do. "If we marry, you won't be able to be with your beloved. If we don't marry, we risk starting a war between our kingdoms," Prince Sable said quietly. The room grew quiet, the only sound being the loud whistling from the snowstorm.

You looked up at Udo, placing a hand on his cheekbone. Then, you looked back at Prince Sable. Besides their different features, Prince Sable and Udo practically shared the same face. Suddenly, an idea came to mind. "You know, you two look very alike," You said with a small smile.