𝟮𝟰 - 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅 | 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

White shirt now red, my bloody nose
Sleepin', you're on your tippy toes
Creepin' around like no one knows
Think you're so criminal

White shirt now red, my bloody noseSleepin', you're on your tippy toesCreepin' around like no one knowsThink you're so criminal

"Hi, Alex." Harry answered, and I was lying if I told you I couldn't notice the nerves written all over his face.

I knew they had thought about the possibility of me showing up, but, judging by his reaction, they clearly expected me to be long-gone dead or shit. I mean, I did almost die, but I was stronger than to lose myself so fast physically speaking.

Emotionally speaking was a whole different topic.

I had no idea what to expect about this, but the only thing I knew with clarity was that I couldn't fail this time. If I did, it would be strike two and I'd only have one more shot to defeat Harry and Natalie. If I didn't achieve my goal, I was a deadman walking.

"Look, I'm going to be really straightforward about this. It's your choice if you want to listen or not, but be aware of the risks you're putting both yourself and Natalie through if you choose not to." I raised a warning eyebrow at him and he didn't say a word in return, so I continued to talk. "You two have to leave right the fuck now."

"I think you're the one who has to leave. Remember? I shot you once, and I won't hesitate in doing it again," He was quick to answer, and I felt my lower lip trembling at the violence hidden in his voice.

"I'm not alone this time." I said quick and sincerely, hoping that got a reaction out of him. It was true, I wasn't alone.

I had brought Alissa together with me.

"Who are you? Why won't you let us do our fucking job in peace?" Harry shook his head, choosing to ignore my previous statement, and I was dying to know what his next move would be.

Maybe he really was capable of killing me remorselessly, and it'd be my fault if Alissa died too. Fuck, I should've never dragged her into this mess together with me in the first place. I hated feeling so lonely, it forced me to make impulsive decisions that risked so many lives. Everything was always my fault.

"I asked that question before and you didn't answer." I shrugged my shoulders as I scanned the place with my eyes, spotting Natalie within a bunch of people. Shit, she was looking back.

"How about this? You answer first and then I'll tell you. I don't have all day for this shit, I'm busy." He rolled his eyes, but I was good at reading nuances and I could see he was very on edge at the moment.

I raised both of my eyebrows at him, letting him know I wasn't going to accept. He huffed in frustration, turning around to look at Natalie. I followed his gaze, but I was surprised when I didn't spot her anywhere. She was gone... and so was Gaten Marina.

My eyes widened in realization that she had been even quicker than I anticipated, I had to hurry up if I wanted to catch her before she stopped the acting and actually killed the guy. I couldn't fail, not this time.