𝟭𝟳 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆

You are my strange addiction
My doctors can't explain
My symptoms or my pain
But you are my strange addiction

You are my strange addictionMy doctors can't explainMy symptoms or my painBut you are my strange addiction

I opened my eyes, slow and exhaustedly. I had slept a couple of hours but I still felt tired as hell, added to the fact I didn't know where I was which was freaking me out. What time was it? It looked early in the morning.

I was lying on the sand and I could hear the rambling of the waves reaching the shore. Some of my curls were falling on my eyes and my whole body itched since I was just wearing a pair of gray sweats. I wasn't alone though; Natalie was next to me with her eyes wide open and staring at the sky.

Memories of last night came flooding straight into my brain, flashbacks of a starry sky and constellations. Constellations and a galaxy. The galaxy in my eyes.

Stars keep me company.

But there's a whole galaxy in your eyes, so I think I'll keep you instead.

I remembered her words perfectly, and they were reverberating in my brain liken uproar in a tunnel. They were somehow so meaningful, she was talking to me like I was see-through. Like she could see past the hard surface.

I stared at her side profile for a minute, and I was genuinely surprised she was awake. Her skin contrasted against the sky which, by the way, looked almost pink. Her hazel eyes looked a brighter shade of orange, and her eyelashes were battling up and down. Her full lips looked great with this lightning, and-

"Someone's awake," She suddenly talked without moving her eyes from the painting above us. I hummed in response and never moved my eyes from her.

Tiredly, I pulled my hand towards her face to trace the shape of her mouth. As soon as my fingertip touched her skin, her whole body tensed. I followed the curve of her lips downwards and then circled it, ending my trip.

"What was that for?" Natalie looked briefly into my eyes, her brows creased together. I took a second to analyze all of her features before answering, just for the simple fact that her morning appearance looked so fucking cute.

"I like your lips." I shrugged with no intention of elaborating. The hesitation was written all over her face while she turned on her side so we were, once more, facing each other. Just like last night.

And I raked my eyes through her face over and over again, taking in every line, every freckle, every dot. She looked so fucking flawless and I had no idea how was I supposed to react about it. Her hair was still perfect even after hours of lying on the sand, and the bags under her eyes made her even prettier.

I couldn't wrap my head around how gorgeous she was for me. She wasn't supposed to be good and I wasn't supposed to like her. She had killed my father and she had me under a threat, but I was starting to grow fond of her. This was never on my plans.