𝟰𝟳 - 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅 | 𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽

Wishing you godspeed, glory
There will be mountains you won't move
Still I'll always be there for you
How I do

Wishing you godspeed, gloryThere will be mountains you won't moveStill I'll always be there for youHow I do

The minute Harry and Natalie returned, I knew right away something had gone wrong. Her arms and face were soaked in crimson and so were his hands, they seemed to have gone through some pretty rough shit in there.

This guy was smarter than any of us could've ever expected, he somehow knew we were watching through the street cameras. He cut all sorts of communication we had with them and Alissa had to hold me back, I was dying to go check on Harry and Natalie in person.

There was a weird expression in Nat's face... her eyes were eyeing her surroundings every now and then but they weren't here at the same time, she just looked lost and I was dying of curiosity but something told me it wasn't the right moment to ask.

They didn't speak either, only to each other. Quiet whispers of comfort in her ears, hugs and rubs on her backs. I knew something very bad had happened.

Mostly because I was sure they had gone out on this mission to rescue someone.

I had the faintest idea and I didn't want to think about it... fuck, Natalie looked so destroyed and it was just tearing my heart apart. I wanted to try and cheer her up, but she probably would want to stay with Harry. Or perhaps alone.

Harry thanked us as Natalie took a shower. He explained to us briefly everything about her and this Zayn guy and I couldn't help but feel even more heart-broken. Especially when I find out the killer was his own uncle.

Zayn never had anything to do with us or this mission and it just hurt me knowing he'd been caught in the crossfire, I couldn't even begin to imagine how torn Natalie must have been feeling.

She had that emotionless expression I had seen before, what if she had gone numb? Fuck, no reaction was worse than any at all. I knew she had cried because her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were damp, but now she was just... there.

I was always scared when people got to this state. They would either act like nothing ever happened, get really fucking pissed or just sad. I had the feeling Natalie would go through all three stages.

There was a sad glint behind Harry's eyes too, but I guess he was just concerned about her. I knew and had seen how much they cared about each other and it actually scared me, it was disgustingly cute.

They were together all day long and they felt each other in an indescribable word. I had overheard how they talked and had fun and I could only wish for something remotely similar.

Alissa and I weren't dating. We fucked occasionally, yeah, but none of us had feelings for one another. And I just wondered if I'd ever be able to find someone like they had found each other. They truly looked like soulmates.