𝟯𝟴 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲

Say it louder, say it louder
Who's gonna love you like me, like me?
Say it louder, say it louder
Who's gonna touch you like me, like me?

Say it louder, say it louderWho's gonna love you like me, like me?Say it louder, say it louderWho's gonna touch you like me, like me?

"She loves you," Alex said. I shot my head in his direction, trying to understand what the fuck he was talking about.

We had been together in the kitchen for around thirty minutes as the girls got high in the living room, but we hadn't said a word. He was constantly nervous around me, so I didn't even try to start a conversation.

But now he had spoken and my two remaining brain cells were having a civil war trying to find out what the hell he meant.

"What? Who?"

"Don't act stupid, you know who." His deep voice echoed in the kitchen as I kept confused eyes on him.

"How are you so sure? Did she tell you or something?" I frowned, shaking my head.

The thought of Natalie loving me made my stomach flutter so hard that it was nearly painful. My whole body tensed on its own. I wasn't even sure if you could love someone after only a month of knowing them, it was weird, but god, I wanted it to be true.

The sensations Natalie had made me feel in the past weeks were really fucking strong, so strong that I didn't even know what I was feeling anymore. I knew I loved her hair and her eyes and her lips and her body and her personality, but I didn't know if I loved her in general.

I loved that she let me in, that she talked about what she felt even if it wasn't directly. I also loved how she allowed me to help her. She didn't push me away when I started helping her with her eating disorder, which was a huge step forward.

Fuck, what did I feel for her?

"Not directly." Alex grimaced, keeping his hands pressed on the marble counter.

"You shouldn't comment on things that are none of your business," I huffed through gritted teeth, struggling to keep my composure.

I knew maybe my words were a little bit too harsh, but I didn't trust Alex and Alissa as much as Natalie trusted them, and hearing him talk about something that didn't concern him made me angry.

I was starting to like them though. They were fun, I guess? But that didn't mean they had my trust already, I was still analyzing our situation with an open mind in case anything else came up.

I still thought they might only be assets, but they hadn't been trying to get any information... yet. I knew things were too good to be true, at least regarding the job, which meant shit would hit the fan eventually.

"Sorry."

End of the conversation.

The atmosphere soon shifted into an awkward one where the uncomfortableness was palpable, so I took that as my cue to just get the fuck out of here.