𝟰𝟴 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁

And then you take me in
And everything in me begins to feel like I belong
Like everybody needs a home
And when I take your hand

And then you take me inAnd everything in me begins to feel like I belongLike everybody needs a homeAnd when I take your hand

I rolled over to an empty left side of the bed, which would always freak me out. I woke up several times in the middle of the night because Natalie wasn't with me, but I was too drained to stand up and I just figured she'd be in the bathroom.

Well, she wasn't.

The TV was on and I was standing behind the couch, right where Natalie and Alex had fallen asleep... cuddling. I didn't know if I should be jealous because I knew she needed to be loved right now, but they were cuddling.

I supposed they had been watching movies or something, which was cute, but I couldn't help but feel that lump deep in my stomach.

I wasn't as bothered as I'd usually be because I knew whatever the fuck happened with Alex probably made her feel better. I hated how low she was feeling because it was making my heart break all over again.

I literally sang her to sleep last night, she was crying so hard that she couldn't focus. I was comforting her till five and I got her to sleep a bit around five thirty, when she asked me to sing. I have to admit I was surprised, but it seemed to help her so I didn't stop till I was sure she was completely out.

I couldn't imagine all the pain she was feeling. I knew she was very close to Zayn and I hated that his death had been basically our fault, he traveled to Barcelona looking for Natalie but things didn't go good for him.

I replayed everything he said a lot in my mind, like a broken record. It gave me physical pain how he told me to take care of her, as if he knew their time was over and someone else was going to look after her now.

He looked like a good guy, none of the things that happened to him were fair. My stomach turned every time I thought about the fact his own uncle was the killer, a person he probably trusted his whole life but ended up being the one who betrayed him.

Fuck, I had never seen Natalie cry this much and it made me feel something deep in my chest, an unbearable pain that couldn't be stopped. It was like hearing her heart breaking over and over again.

I knew we'd have to hang low for a while. I had the feeling Natalie wouldn't want to go into any other missions for some time. I just hoped we didn't get the trade information any time soon, despite the irony.

Last night was too heated up, I slept for only an hour and I'm pretty sure Natalie slept even less. I didn't wake her up today morning because I knew she must've been exhausted. Alissa looked sleepy too, but I knew she had slept a bit because she woke up later than I did.

I was glad Alex had helped Natalie feel better, if that's what he did. She really needed a distraction right now and I was hoping she'd let me cheer her up a bit afterwards. I still wasn't sure how, but I'd figure something out along the way.