𝟱𝟮 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲

And if the sky grows heavy
Wrap your arms around me tight
We'll be alright, yeah

And if the sky grows heavyWrap your arms around me tightWe'll be alright, yeah

"You look... you're..." I stuttered, trying to find the correct words to describe what I was looking at. "Wow."

Natalie was right in front of me, wearing a red strapless dress with golden decorations that literally made her look like a queen. It was ankle-length and I had no idea where the fuck she got it from, but I was frozen in my place trying to grasp what I was seeing.

 It was ankle-length and I had no idea where the fuck she got it from, but I was frozen in my place trying to grasp what I was seeing

We were getting ready for this Golden Hour thing, Alex and Alissa were in their own room and we were supposed to leave in an hour. It was ironic how the ball wasn't happening during the golden hour though.

I don't know why I was thinking about that, but okay.

After we find out about the change of dates yesterday, Natalie had a breakdown. She let go all of her pent up frustration and pain and her excuse was that she wasn't ready for this ball to come so quickly, but she didn't have to explain herself because I'd hold her anyways.

I couldn't begin to imagine how much pain she was in, the only thing that was keeping me from crying was the fact that I could feel her heartbeat tickling my fingertips. I had been frantic about losing her lately.

I don't know why, but everything that happened with Zayn only made me feel more protective of her. I wanted to save her in a treasure chest and protect her from the world, fucking kill anyone who wanted to hurt her.

Zayn's death had a major impact on both of us. Fuck, it even affected Alex and Alissa somehow. There was a lot of stress and tension hovering around in the house and that's because we knew we weren't safe anymore... we knew there was a possibility that our plans didn't work out.

The only safety I got came along with Natalie, bringing us back to feeling her pulse. I had a feeling she'd snap broken eventually and I didn't know what that meant, but not getting the answer was freaking me out more and more as the days went by.

She was handling too many things at once and something told me she wasn't going to be able to grasp it anymore at some point. I was trying my best to help her, but the only thing I could do was hold her and tell her everything was going to be alright.