𝟭𝟯 - 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅 | 𝗗𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗱

Count my cards, watch them fall
Blood on a marble wall
I like the way they all
Scream

Count my cards, watch them fallBlood on a marble wallI like the way they allScream

I was always following orders, ever since I was a child.

My father was the one to blame for building that compliant part of me. I was just a kid when it all started, and trust me when I tell you it wasn't pleasant at all.

It was snowing a lot and my father told me to clear the sidewalk. Of course I was just doing normal things any seven-year-old would do, so I refused. He got mad, he never took the pills for his anger issues. He hit me, and it only took a broken nose for me to understand.

My mother had been mistreated by my dad too, so she decided to put a restraining order and leave both of us. I didn't care, because she wasn't good either. She smoked and drank and did drugs. I'm pretty sure I was a mistake.

I had ditched my parents as soon as I turned eighteen, and I had been told my mom died from overdose and my dad practically killed himself while driving drunk at dawn. Did I give a fuck? Not one.

My sister was the best thing in my life. Her name was Lucy and she was so pretty, but she was killed by her boyfriend at fourteen. I didn't understand how I let that happen, since I was supposed to protect her. But her boyfriend was abusive, and I just wished I got to spend more time with her.

Having the parents I had, it was easy for me to sneak out and go wherever I pleased. They couldn't care less about my whereabouts every night, so I took the opportunity and started going to bars when I turned fifteen.

I bought drugs too. In the beginning I only smoked marijuana and organic cigarettes because they affected less my health. But then family struggles got worse and I stopped caring about myself. I had swore my sister I'd never try synthetic drugs, but she was dead now and my life had no sense anymore. So I tried opioid drugs, like fentanyl, hallucinogens, like LSD, and dissociative drugs, like coke or heroin.

I became a fucking addict.

But there was no one in my life that cared about me. I was only eighteen when I found myself completely alone, because I didn't even have the necessary strength to go to a bar. I developed depression and a depersonalization-derealization disorder.

Sometimes, I would just lock myself inside my own mind and I didn't even know who I was anymore. My episodes usually lasted a couple of hours, where I just curled up on the floor, but sometimes they lasted up to two days. I had no idea what happened during these periods of time, but I knew I cried a lot because I would wake up with damp cheeks. I was lost within my mentality and no one was there to snap me out of my trance, so I just suffered.

My body was in my room, but I wasn't there at all. My thinking would torture me, because I relived old memories that I had tried to bury deep in the back of my mind. It was really hard, and the episodes hadn't stopped yet. I was used to them by now though.