𝟯 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆

We're all part of the system
Load em up, shoot em down
'Cause you keep fucking missing

We're all part of the systemLoad em up, shoot em down'Cause you keep fucking missing

We had been working all night and we had discovered plenty of things.

My mind couldn't process over the fact this killer was so stupid to actually have a permanent pattern with both time and place. He was literally choosing the dumpsters in location order and it took us less than an hour to realize that. Then, we found out about the time pattern. He killed the guys between six and eleven in the morning. We still had no idea were he tortured the men, but we knew where he would attack again. There were two options though.

The first one was that the killer was actually really stupid and hadn't realized how risky his patron was, which meant we'd go to the Westminster municipal dumpster and he'd be there. We'd arrest him easily because he was too brainless to even notice.

The other option was that everything was actually a set up. I doubted that the killer was that reckless to not notice he could get caught easily, so this was the most probable option. That meant we would go with backup - five or six policemen patrolling the entrances - and we'd arrest him anyways. Hopefully, none of my agents were harmed during this.

The corpses were always found around ten and eleven, so we would be there at nine and we'd wait. It was currently seven in the morning and I was so fucking tired since I had been up all night studying this murderer. My eyelids felt heavy, and I was lucky my aim with guns was perfect even with my eyes closed, because I would probably fall asleep.

We would arrest the guy, interrogate him and then send him to trial. Everything would be easy; the guy wasn't good at his job if he had managed to get discovered within two weeks, so we were advantaged. I was curious who the next target would be though.

My phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I picked up, my gun lying on the corner of my hardwood desk.

"Harry? You need to come, please come, there's someone in-" My father blurted out all at once.

"Woah! Chill, dad, what's wrong?" I cut him off. I could hear noises and heavy pants coming from the other side of the line and I was starting to get worried. "Dad?"

"There's someone in the house... Harry!" He yelled, and then the call went silent.

I looked at the screen to see the call had ended, and my heart dropped to my stomach. Quickly, I left my place on my desk, making sure my gun was loaded, and stormed out of my office, heading towards the elevator while tucking my weapon in the gun holster on the side of my pants.

"Jackson!" I called within the silence, and every agent looked up at me. Honestly, I didn't really care.

"Harry? Is everything okay?" Jackson's deep voice echoed, everyone now turning to him. He was walking out of his office next to where I was standing.

I turned my head and met his eyes, which were covered by his usual aviator sunglasses. He was wearing black leather pants with a white button-up shirt. He was my best friend, Jackson Owens, and one of the only persons I still cared about.

"I need you to tell Lunar I will be out for a while. My father... I don't even know." I grasped Jackson's forearm maybe a bit too tightly, starting to get nervous.

What I liked about Jackson was that he never asked, so he just gave me a reassuring nod and I stormed out of the building. I ran into the parking lot and towards my black Tesla. I jumped into the car and threw my gun on the passenger's seat just as the engine roared and I started driving as fast as I could.

I had already lost my mom, I couldn't loose my dad, too.

The trip lasted ten minutes, but I arrived in five since I exceeded every speed limit. I was scared and dreading the worst. When I got to my dad's building, I grabbed my gun and stormed into it, quickly going up the stairs.

And my dad's door was fucking open.

I wasn't an FBI agent for nothing, so I leaned on the wall with my weapon next to my face. Silently, I entered the room, gun prepared. My dad's flat was ugly and everything was broken, probably because of the recent attack.

I kept walking till I reached my father's room. "FBI, drop your weapons!"

I aimed the gun at the person, who was crouched down next to my either unconscious or dead father. I really hoped he was just knocked out. Soon, I realized the aggressor was a woman. A woman?

Her dark hair was tied up in a very messy bun and she was wearing a leather jacket with black skinny jeans. I heard her curse under her breath and she slowly started to turn around. When she did, I discovered her face was covered by a black mask with red details and a red rose on the side.

The killer.

And she was here to kill my father.

Why? I mean, my father was a good man, right?

I couldn't distinguish correctly the girl's face because of the dimness in the room, but she was tiny and didn't look capable of killing someone. This couldn't be her. Why would she be the killer and why my father?

She was wearing a black tank top, leather boots and black fingerless gloves. "Look, if you get out of my way, I won't kill you."

"But you'll kill my dad." I tilted my head in my father's direction, my gun still aimed at her chest. Her hands were at the sides of her head and she raised her brows, making me notice I had just revealed something that would make everything much harder.

"Unless you want to die, you should know what's best for you." She shrugged. What I could see of her face looked oddly familiar, I had seen her somewhere...

"Yeah, sure." I snorted as she slowly lowered her hands and started walking towards me. "Stay still or I swear to god..."

"Go ahead, I can handle it." She interrupted and her words made me freeze. She was actually the killer. "That's what I thought. Now, get out of my way or I'll be the one shooting."

"I'm afraid I can't do that." I said, trying to regain composure. She let out a loud cackle, catching me off guard when she grabbed a gun out of nowhere and aimed it at me. She didn't shoot though.

"Oh, you will." She circled her neck, which cracked awfully loud.

Without any advice, she threw a knife that flew right next to my face, but it didn't touch me. I swear I was about to laugh. A small grin creeped up my lips as I stared at her with the barrel of the gun leveling her head.

"You missed." I smirked devilishly, but she fucking smirked back and laughed under her breath.

"No, I didn't." She lapsed her tongue with her bottom lip, and I turned around just when the gigantic wall-length painting behind me fell, crashing my body against the floor.

And I passed out.