𝟮𝟯 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱

aesthetics for this chapter and the next

***

Anticipation has a habit to set you up
For disappointment in evening entertainment but
Tonight there'll be some love
Tonight there'll be a ruckus, yeah, regardless of what's gone before

Anticipation has a habit to set you upFor disappointment in evening entertainment butTonight there'll be some loveTonight there'll be a ruckus, yeah, regardless of what's gone before

I was ready... Natalie wasn't.

I had reasons to believe she was struggling to put on the dress, I had chosen the tightest one out of the two and it probably wasn't a smart move from me. I mean, she was on her period after all.

We had thirty minutes till ten, which was when the event started. We were lucky the house was close to the building where the fundraiser was taking place, because the trade was happening at ten thirty sharp and we couldn't lose the guys.

We had gotten a lame description of the two men that were going to exchange the diamond, but we had no idea if there was going to be security or something that could count as an obstacle. To be honest, I was kinda scared for the result of this mission.

Natalie's appearance was going to come in handy for sure, her cleavage was more than visible and that wasn't the only part of her body exposed. I was sure there would be a bunch of pervs at the event that would try to get on our way, but we were ready for shit like that.

Honestly, I was highly concerned about her. Her cramps had decided to show up now and I was afraid it was going to be a handicap to the mission. She was slower and less strong, a massive obstacle that was scaring the shit out of me.

I had no idea what was up with me when I told her I was in. I should've insisted for her to stay and not risk her fucking life just because. Well, not just because, but it wasn't like we couldn't wait for one more week.

Or maybe those were my attachment issues speaking once again.

Fuck, we still hadn't got a chance to discuss what happened last night. Natalie wasn't giving any signs that she wanted to actually talk about it, but I did and I was going to consult it with her afterwards, if we made it out alive.