𝟯𝟮 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

Anticipation has a habit to set you up
For disappointment in evening entertainment but
Tonight there'll be some love
Tonight there'll be a ruckus, yeah, regardless of what's gone before

Anticipation has a habit to set you upFor disappointment in evening entertainment butTonight there'll be some loveTonight there'll be a ruckus, yeah, regardless of what's gone before

Alex freaking Turner was standing right in front of us.

At first I thought I was hallucinating, because there was no way our 'enemy', to call him something, was standing on our doorway, and I couldn't see how he knew where we were staying at. But when Natalie also saw him, my heart dropped to my feet.

He was just standing there, drenched from head to toes. His hair was sticking to his forehead and he was keeping his head down, as though he was ashamed of something. I couldn't quite discern his expression, but he certainly didn't look as confident as that day back in London.

Natalie kept his gun high and I couldn't see her face because her back was to me, but I somehow knew she was thinking the same I was: what was this motherfucker doing here?

My stomach was clenching weirdly, and not in the good way. It was different than when Natalie kissed me, it really was... it was a bad thing this time. A really, really bad thing.

I had no idea how we were supposed to react to this, it was such a goddamn plot twist that we were caught very fucking off guard. I was still just in my sweatpants, I had dropped the blanket somewhere in the house when we ran downstairs.

What were we supposed to say? All of us were silent, the only sound filling the emptiness being the roaring of thunders and rain. Speaking of which, I had no idea how I'd ever be able to think of the rain without thinking of Natalie.

The way she turned to a completely different person just a few minutes ago... she started ranting about things like death, but in a very unique way. As though rain brought her real side out in display, a side she wasn't willing to show to anyone and rarely ever came out.

The way she talked about death being a beautiful thing caught me a bit off guard. I thought she wanted to do something to herself, and the sudden emptiness in my chest made my breath start hitching in my throat. I didn't want to lose her, it was one of the things I constantly had in mind without even being aware of.

She said some real deep shit out there, and I felt so mesmerised by her words that the arrival of Alex made my head hurt so fucking much. Like when you go from a warm weather to a cold one in a matter of seconds, which makes you sick.

I found it very cute how she got all flustered about something as simple as a necklace. I couldn't help but feel a bit down about it though, maybe she had attachment issues? Perhaps the necklace really did mean something to her, and I couldn't ignore how my heart fluttered when I thought about that.

I couldn't keep my eyes off her tonight. She looked especially beautiful even though she was just wearing a simple sleeping short and an oversized t-shirt. She had grown to be the only thing I stared at... literally.