𝟰𝟲 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗞𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗱

I let it burn
You're no longer my concern
Faces from my past return
Another lesson yet to learn

I let it burnYou're no longer my concernFaces from my past returnAnother lesson yet to learn

Natalie and I were in the car on our way to this abandoned subway station now. It was quite creepy knowing that we'd be going in blind to this place, but Alex, being a hacker, promised he'd be watching through the street cameras all the time in case anything happened.

Nat was freaking out and I didn't know how to help anymore, she was breathing heavily and she wasn't talking. I knew who Zayn was, which was why I didn't blame her for acting like this, but it just physically hurt me to see her suffering this much.

Fuck, this night was supposed to go well. I really didn't want anything else to happen, it was around three thirty a.m. and I was really fucking tired. I just knew Natalie wouldn't be able to sleep after this.

We were ten minutes away from our destination and none of us were talking, but I was making sure to drive fast enough to be there as soon as possible. I don't know how an abandoned subway station would look at night, but I knew this is the type of shit that happens in movies and these places are supposed to be terrifying.

I was scared, yes. Mostly for Natalie because I knew it was hard getting her out of her head when this kind of stuff happened. And I knew she hated being in her head.

She loved, or at least used to love Zayn, and that was something I couldn't comment on. I had no idea what they had gone through together and I sure as hell wouldn't blame her for caring, I'd care too. I just didn't want her to get hurt, that's all.

I was concerned about Zayn too though. I didn't have any type of relationship with him, I had never even seen him in my life but yet, the thought of him getting killed because of something we did wasn't being kind to me.

Nat was anxious, that I was sure. She kept bouncing her leg up and down and she was chewing on the skin of her lips especially harsher today. I wondered if she realized she was hurting herself.

We were both armed, of course, but I had the feeling we wouldn't have to fight much. It definitely wasn't a good feeling, something about this whole situation just didn't add up to me.

I made sure Natalie knew I was there in case she needed to cry or vent, but she seemed to have shut down completely. She was way too lost in her mind and I knew she'd eventually want to get out, I was just hoping it happened soon because the lost look in her eyes was making me nervous.

I couldn't bring myself to speak, I didn't know what the right thing to say would be in occasions like this and I was scared I'd just make things worse.

"We're here." I cleared my throat, catching Nat's attention.

Her head turned to me in a slight nod and soon, we were both out of our car. I made sure that the gun on the back of my pants was loaded and so did Natalie, and we were ready to kill some motherfuckers.