chapter | 17

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 17 • supermarket troubles ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 17 • supermarket troubles ]
──────

I STARE AT the grocery list my mother sent me, then around the long aisle of chips watching as my brother practically leans over the cart and skates down the aisle. His annoying laughter rings in my ears as the cart practically tips over; sadly, however, he didn't fall, and instead, he jumped off before he had the chance.

"Should've broken your neck," I spoke up, looking at the chips. "And can we hurry this up? I wanna get home," I ask impatiently.

"Stop being such a buzzkill," Hunter mutters, handing the cart to me and looking over my shoulder to look at the list. He began walking down the aisle grabbing any bag of chips that looked slightly intriguing to him.

I lean against the cart, following after him, watching as he tosses the bags into the cart. "How was soccer practice?"

He pauses, holding a red bag of Doritos, "Good, y'know Catina is apparently dating Arden Davis," he tells me, tossing the bag into the cart.

I nod my head, pushing the cart, "She's my little sister and comes to me for a lot of advice, of course, I would know," I say nonchalantly.

"Why am I always last to know?" He questions and in return I just shrug. "Because no one likes you. Oh, let's not forget you've been distant these past couple of days," I add, quirking a brow in his direction.

"I've been busy," Hunter says, taking the cart from my hands and turning the corner. "College applications, being ranked second in our senior class, keeping good grades, and having soccer on top of all that, isn't that easy."

"No need to brag, little bro," I mutter, following slowly behind him.

He begins to grab some soda cans, placing them in the cart, "Oh, come on being tenth isn't that bad, you can bring it up," he smiles at me. And I don't know whether to take it in a taunting manner or an encouraging one. Hell, he was most likely taunting me.

"Whatever, I'm lucky enough to be tenth. And I actually don't care about that shit," I say, grabbing some lemonade sprite. I glance at the list illuminated on my phone screen, we still had more items to buy. It was a bad idea to send Hunter and me considering we fight over everything. Hell, we even fought on who was going to push the cart while in the parking lot.

Further down the lane, my eyes widened at the sight of candy. Hunter groans out loudly, watching as I grab multiple bags of candy, throwing them into the cart. "I'm pretty sure that's not on the list," he says.

"It is on mine," I say as I practically dump four rows of candy into the cart.

"Okay, isn't that enough?"