chapter | 66

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 66 • a will for death ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 66 • a will for death ]
──────

THERES MOMENTS IN ones life where it feels like everything is just falling apart for good ... but finally staring into those glossed over beautiful brown eyes every problem seemed to slowly disappear. I've haven't seen her since the mutual break — she couldn't deal with a relationship at the moment and I understood.

"K-Kio."

The way her voice shakes & breaks felt like a gut wrenching punch to the stomach.

"Atalie, you okay?" Taking quick strides towards the girl who looked like she'd been pulled out from the Carrie movie, fear heavily strikes through me. Dark speckles of blood was splattered against the bridge of her nose, dancing all the way up to her cheekbones, and mixing deeply with her freckles. Her grey hoodie is covered with blood, and her sweats have strikes of blood on them as if she was trying to rid her hands from all the blood. The metal bat that laid on the ground beside her feet too was covered in blood.

"K-Kio I did something." Her eyes drop to the palm of her bloody hands, staring at them intensely.

I clear my throat. "A-are you hurt?" Apart of me hopes the blood is hers, so I can help her and things wouldn't be as bad as I think they are (but even if the blood isn't hers, it wouldn't change a thing because im still helping her).

She shakes her head, strands of her hair falling in front of her face. "No. I'm fine, absolutely fine."

I nod, and my hands softly grab ahold of her bloody ones. Frantically my eyes search around us, silently thanking for it being too dark outside — it being hard to see us. "Atalie, I'm going to take you inside, get you cleaned up and we'll figure this out, okay."

"Your mom?"

"She's not home, late shift. You'll be fine, I promise."

I lean down, and grab the bat before looking back at her, watching as she stares at my house. "And, Lia? I can't let her see me like this, it'll frighten her," she voiced lowly, eyes trained on the house before filtering over to me.

"She's at a friends birthday party. So come on, let's get you inside." Intertwining our hands together, I take her inside, and upstairs to my room.

Once I collected some clothes for her, I lead her into the bathroom, sliding open the glass shower door, and turning on the hot water for her.

I glance over at her, heart pounding against my chest as I notice the black and blue bruise forming on the side of her head. "Atalie, what happened?"