chapter | 61

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 61 • two months later ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 61 • two months later ]
──────

"SO, ARE YOU like in love with her?"

Those words sounded almost like a sick joke. It was poisonous ... laced with venom. They were a slap to the face, a kick to the gut. Making fun of me. Taunting me. They were mocking me of the time I lost with her. They caused so much damage ... the cracks in my heart only seemed to grow like untamed vines.

I lazily lift my head up, peeling my eyes slowly away from the window, and turning to look at the blue-eyed brunette. Her body is turned to face me, and she chews on her gum, watching me expectantly.

I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"Atalie — are you like in love with Atalie?"

I roll my eyes, leaning back in my chair. "What does that have to do with anything? Last time I checked Mrs. Jackson wasn't talking about my girl for a statistic problem," I grit out.

Juliana grins, eyes fluttering. "She's still your girl? Isn't she still like in a coma? It's been like two months, y'know I'm always here."

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Yes, she's still my girl. And, nothing would ever make me go back to you."

Juliana hums, tilting her head to the side. "Such a lovesick puppy. It's just nasty," she scoffs just as the shrill sound of the school bell rings through the classroom. She collects her things, standing up from her chair.

"See you around, Kio." Disgust soars through me as the brunette plants a kiss on my cheek before slipping out of the classroom like she was never here.

I drop my pen, pulling at the sleeves of my flannel, harshly rubbing the side of my cheek where I felt her sticky lipgloss at.

Clenching my jaw, I leave the classroom and stroll to my locker, ignoring any glances thrown my way. Stopping at my locker, I twist the lock to my combination numbers before opening my locker. I place my two textbooks away just before my locker is slammed shut.

With knitted brows, I stare at the ring-covered hand and trail my eyes up the arm, until I'm met with Nathan's blue eyes. He grins at me as he places a purple wig onto my head. "Y'know I totally forgot today marks the fifth month anniversary of when The Cheating Wiggies were formed," he says, fixing his pink wig on his head.

"Seriously?" I groan out, reaching up to take the wig off.

However, Nathan slaps my hand away, glaring at me. "No, the wig stays on for the rest of the day," he declares, holding his pointer finger out at me.

"You can't let me suffer alone." Says Zander as he walks up with his blue wig on. "And, don't even try to fight Ms.Pinky over here, it's no use. I got beat up in the damn bathroom because I took it off."