chapter | 41

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 41 • the anderson household vol

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 41 • the anderson household vol.2 ]
──────

"I HAVE SOME great stories that I think you'll love." My ears perk up at Hayden's deep, loud voice. His grin reaches his ears. "This one is one of my favorites."

"Rae and I had taken Hunter and Atalie to the circus when they were about four or five. We got them slushies that were pretty much frozen. And, while we're watching the show, Atalie decides to break the ice with her straw and ends up jamming her straw into the bottom of the styrofoam cup, putting a hole in the bottom and getting the cherry slushie all over her."

"Just when the entire place was quiet, she starts crying like a flipping banshee. And, since she's screaming, crying while covered in red stuff, the spotlight shines on her. Everyone was literally gasping at the sight of a bloody child and they stopped the show just to make sure a kid wasn't dying in the stands."

"They even brought her to play with the elephants and introduced her as the banshee," Hayden says, chuckling lightly. "The elephants started eating her hair, and she had a flipping heart attack and ran away, running straight into a trash can. I think she might've fallen into some shit too."

A laugh leaves my mouth. "She's always been the clumsy type."

"Tell me about it, she falls going up the steps." Remarks Astraea as she puts the photo albums away.

"Remember, her first kiss." Says Catina as she walks into the living room, taking a seat on the armrest of the couch beside her brother. "That was hilarious." She laughs loudly.

I sit up, "What happened?" I question out of curiosity, looking amongst the Anderson family.

"Atalie and Hunter were about 12 or so, and they were begging for days end to have some friends over.  Finally, we allowed them and it was about ten or so kids that were all hanging out in the basement. Rae and I were upstairs tending to the other brat and just giving Atalie and Hunter some space with their friends."

"It wasn't even a full two hours when we heard yelling and screaming for help. We went downstairs to see all the kids were surrounded by the extra bathroom downstairs. Thinking to expect a kid with a broken nose or something, we weren't prepared to see Atalie kissing her friend Jace at the time. They were mouth to mouth, lips to lips, but best of all, braces to braces." Hayden grins widely once more, and the dimples Atalie acquired from him, popping out.

"Her first kiss ended up with her in the dentist's office. The ride there was hilarious. I think we got photos," Rae says, grabbing another photo album that we had yet to look at. "It should be in here," she mutters to herself as she flips through the pages before finally landing on a page. "Got it!"