chapter | 24

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 24 • fro-yo]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 24 • fro-yo]
──────

THE BLISSFUL NIGHT had a different allure. The sky was painted an ocean of navy and a constellation of stars evenly dotting across the painted night sky.

My hands were shoved deep into my hoodie pockets, eyes lost in the constellation of stars that brightly contrasted to the night sky. Atalie walked slower than me, strides unwavering - all the while I enjoyed the cold air and atmosphere itself: coal-black, succumbing night that surrounded us as if we were getting sucked into a black hole.

"You walk too slow," I began, eyes glancing back to her tall figure for a split second. Her curls were blowing into her face from the gush of wind, her brows knitting together in annoyance. She's cute, I thought as she grumpily pulled her hoodie over her hair, eyes flickering over to me.

"You walk too fast," She counters.

I pause, stopping in my tracks to do the human decency and allow her to catch up. With the steps she had taken in the meantime - we were standing a good two feet apart from one another. "God, gave you long legs for a reason, walk faster."

"I'm a little exhausted." She takes her one hand out of the comforts of her hoodie, her tan finger slowly grazing over the blue and dark purple mark around my eye. "My brother really got you good."

"You, Anderson Twins got a huge problem with punching me in the face."

"Your face is very punch-able." She grins at me. "And why didn't you fight back?"

"He's your brother. I didn't want to beat the shit of him and then have you hate me even more."

She dips her head slightly back, her chuckle seeming so out of place that I raised a questioning brow at her. "Excuses, excuses." She taunts, a growing smirk twisting upon her face.

"It's shameful you'll think that."

"Come on, you got noodle arms." She teasingly jabs a finger into my bicep. "I could probably beat you."

"Are you serious?"

She nods her head, "I'll beat your ass," She states confidently.

"How about I give you a chance to prove yourself?"

Her eyes gleamed from the moonlight, a steady smile playing onto her lips. "You're so on. I grew up with six uncles, imma kick your ass, bae." She grins at me looping her arm with mine. "Now, let's go get some fro-yo."