chapter | 53

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 53 • the truth unravels vol

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 53 • the truth unravels vol.1]
──────

{tw: mentions of suicidal thoughts & abuse & ed}

"SO, DID YOU see the track sheets?"

Jumping slightly at the sudden voice, I slowly peek out from behind the locker, hands gripping onto my thick heavy textbook — whiskey eyes staring back at me with pure excitement. Excitement seemed so foreign to me during the past five days, it felt wrong and strange.

With a smile yet small one tugging onto my lips, I gently nod. "Yep, I checked it out. I always do, you know that. It's become a tradition." Fishing out the textbook, I tuck it under my arm and close the locker. "Congrats on being captain again Mirela."

Mirela hums softly, with a smile tugging at the corners of her lips whilst she rocks back and forth on the souls of her shoes. Excitement — that was also something that became a foreign taste for Mirela between the messy divorce with her parents, finding about her life-long crush and best friend being together, to her best friend nearly taking her own life, she's been through it and it felt refreshing being able to see her get so excited about a sport she loves.

"And, I saw Catina is your co-captain again." I swing my bag over my shoulder, brows knitting together. "Oh fuck! I didn't get you or Catina a cupcake. It's part of the tradition. How could I forget? Oh, my goddess. I'm sorry." I frantically rush out, a rush of guilt flooding through my body.

Mirela shakes her head. "Hey, don't be sorry. You have a lot on your plate these past couple of days, it's totally fine. Don't worry about it."

I swallow the lump in my throat. The past 120 hours for me haven't been the greatest. After, my panic attack at the hospital, Kio and the boys spent some time with me but they had to leave later that night for an away game (I had to literally fight Kio to go because he didn't want to leave me), but now as the days went on I wish I allowed him to stay. It sounds selfish but I just need him, I'm literally losing it and he's the only one at this point that's keeping me together (if I were to say that at the beginning of the school year I would march my way to the psychiatric hospital).

Then my grandmother had landed in the hospital the following morning (cue another panic attack where Kio helped me over the phone). For the past three days, I spent the majority of my days inside that dreadful hospital.

School was just drowning me at this point with work in just the span of three days. And, the raging headaches were becoming so unbearable.

Rubbing my temple, squinting my eyes shut, I exhale sharply trying to subdue the pain. The headache was ground-breaking and made me wince in any slight discomfort.