chapter | 48

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 48 • two clowns & child neglect]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 48 • two clowns & child neglect]
──────

ANXIOUSLY I BOPPED my leg up and down, chewing on the inside of my cheek as I leaned against Mirela's locker, a throbbing headache already starting to occur. My head is spinning with so much bullshit — things I can't even seem to comprehend. My hands shook as I held a bone-white grip on the straps of my bag. With sunglasses perched on my nose, my eyes flicker up and down the hall, trying to locate a certain light-skin.

Spotting Mirela weaving through the crowded hall of students, my heart beats erratically against my chest, it was time to tell her. She held a 4-cup cartoon cup holder close to her body as she avoided bumping into people. She rolls her eyes whenever someone seemed to get too close to her — she hated when others were close to her, they were invading her personal bubble as she called it.

Her brown fox eyes settled on me, a toothy smile twisting onto her lips, her eyes glistening with happiness. Her strides changed as she began to lightly bounce on the balls of her feet, gracefully avoiding people.

She's happy and I'm about to destroy it — I'm going to destroy her with this news.

"Morning, beautiful," She says excitedly. She reaches for a cup in the holder, handing the cup to me that was filled to the brim with boba tea and whipped cream. "I was getting boba this morning and thought of you, Bella, and Hunter," She explains causally.

"Morning, pretty." With shaky hands, I reach for the cup. Feeling a warmth surge through me as I sipped the drink, licking the whipped cream off my upper lip. "Thanks," I murmur.

Her eyes narrow on my hands. "Did you take your medicine this morning?" She questions, worry clouding her eyes and etching itself onto her features.

I inhale sharply, leaning my head back against the locker whilst shaking my head. "I forgot. It slipped my mind this morning, I was up all night," I truthfully spoke out.

"Where's your brother? Maybe he can go get some from the house."

I shake my head, pushing my sunglasses to sit atop my hair. "I don't want anything from him."

"Oh." Her lips fall into a flat line whilst she nods her head. "Another fallout, huh? What did you guys do that caused you to get a cast? I was gone for the weekend and you two decided to almost kill each other again."

I scoff. "Oh, I'm going to kill him alright. But I slipped on a hanger," I tell her before shaking my head, letting out a shaky breath. "Look, Mirela I need to tell you something."