chapter | 30

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 30 • ollie to your Polly ]
──────

"HOW DUMB ARE you?!" Catina's shrill voice rings through the phone, followed by pots falling and clanging to the ground. "Stupid fucking pots, and stupid fucking Atalie." She murmurs grumpily through the phone.

"The pots should've hit you in the head."

"No, you. They need to knock some sense into you," she corrects. "Where are you anyway? I've been waiting for my food."

A nervous laugh coils from my chest and out from my mouth, my hands trailing over the different tees hanging up. "I acted upon impulse and went thrifting." I say, mentally adding 'with Kio' — She didn't need to know that.

"Um, what about my food?"

"At the moment, I wasn't thinking about you," I say, "And can't you make something? You're good at cooking."

A sudden groan leaves Catina's mouth, "The point of you getting me food was so I wouldn't have to cook. I'm dying of starvation." She cries out dramatically. It was times like this did I sadly realize we were related (the love for food was about on the same retrospect).

"You'll live."

"Wow, just wow. Best big sister award goes to, Atalie Anderson."

"Awe, thank you. I really appreciate it, even though I fucking hate you."

"Glad, we're on the same page." She laughs at the other line. "I'll see you whenever you decide to come home. I need to call mom and tell her to bring me something to eat because someone wants me to starve to death." She abruptly hangs the phone up, leaving me no time to say something.

Locking my phone, I slip it back into my black leather shoulder-bag, pushing the cart. I head down further down the aisle, nothing really catching my eyes that'll fit any of the customs that I had to create for this weekend.

I look around to try and catch a glimpse of a certain black-haired boy, but nothing, nada. And he's the one that complained about being with each other all the time.

Kio had decided to trail along with me to the thrift store once I left Cindy's. Because I kid you not, the boy searched the urban dictionary for the definition of a friend and took it to heart that he needs to be by my side all the damn time. He's going to be the death of me.

A friend, that's what he is.

And, it's for the best.