chapter | 40

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 40 • the anderson household vol

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 40 • the anderson household vol.1 ]
──────

"CARAJO. LA MIERDA!" (fuck. shit.) I blare, dropping the tortillas onto the counter and jumping around the fucking kitchen on one leg to subside the pain rushing through the foot that suffered getting hit.

"Oh, crap! I'm sorry!" Catina rushes out, picking up the frying pan and giving me a sheepish smile. "The pan just slipped."

I send her a glare, "Slipped my ass. Stop acting like Rapunzel," I grumble, leaning my back against the counter, crinkling my brows in pain. "I think you broke my foot."

Catina chuckles, "Oops." She slightly shrugs.

I flip her off, "I'm suing your ass." I push myself off the counter, putting my full weight on my right foot and heading over to the stove. Grabbing the spatula, I move the chicken in the frying pan around, the sizzling sound ringing through the kitchen.

"It was on accident. I swear."

I glance over my shoulder, quirking a brow at her, "Sure, an accident." I roll my eyes, watching as she slumps into the barstool, flipping through her notes.

"I hate chemistry. It's completely useless, like why do I need to know about the Lewis dot diagrams? It's not like I'm going to use it," she cries out, burying her head in her hands.

I chuckle, striding over to her. Leaning against the island, I grab one of her notes, "It's fairly simple, Catina."

She glances up, giving me a bored expression. "I forgot, mom gave you the brains and decided to leave me without."

I snort. "Guess, you can say that. What do you need help with?"

"Everything!" She desperately says. "Mrs. Harris doesn't even teach us properly. Y'know she gave us fifteen minutes for a test. Fifteen?!"

I nod, clicking my tongue in understanding. "Sounds like Mrs. Harris. She gave me ten minutes once. Be lucky you got an extra five, she was being generous."

"Generous? That's immense torture."

"Yeah, I really don't miss her class," I mumble, eyes flickering over Catina's notes. Her notes were colored coronated and written neatly, unlike any of my notes. "First, before you even draw an LDD, you need to know the number of valence electrons. Do you know how to do that?"

"No. She didn't even teach us that."

I exhale sharply, flickering through her notes before grabbing her periodic table. With the blue pen, I number the vertical columns 1 - 18. "Okay, based on where the said element is on the table, the last digit corresponds to the number of electrons the atom has."