chapter | 18

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 18 • gym fights ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 18 • gym fights ]
──────

"THIS IS UTTERLY STUPID," I groan out in irritation. Repeatedly I tug at the fabrics of the red and white cheerleading outfit, trying to adjust the fabric to my tall frame.

"You can say that again," Bella grumbles beside me, pulling at her own skirt. "Can we get better skirts? We're too damn tall for these." She gestures between Mirela and me.

"She's right, my ass is practically out." Said Mirela annoyingly. "These don't fit."

I pull my raven black curls into a loose ponytail, looking between my friends. "The things I do for extra credit," I mutter, shifting my weight between my feet.

"The things we do for you." Adds Mirela, quirking a brow at me. "How do you even fail a class like gym?"

"Its genetic." I grin at her. "I for one don't see a point in this class, anyway. Like who wants to get yelled at to be running by an old fat dude. He should be taking his own advice." I glance over at Mr. GreyFord who sat in his chair eating a donut. "See what I mean?"

Bella let's out an audible sigh, pulling her curls into a high loose bun on top of her head. She places her hands on her hips, looking around the gymnasium, "What exactly are we suppose to be doing? Because I'm not standing in this goddamn gymnasium basically half naked."

I nod my head agreement, crossing my arms, "Ms. Fulton is offering the extra credit, I just don't know what it entitles. It's for a week though."

"Just a week." Mutters Mirela. "Just a week."

"You don't have to do this," I turn to look at her. She scoffs under her breath, rolling her eyes at me. "I can't let my two best friends suffer alone." She smirks at me.

"Mom! Are you serious!" Hillary screeches as the gymnasium doors are swung open. She runs frantically after her mother, hands swinging around her head.

"Yes, now do it."

Hillary's small petite frame paces in front of us, "Mom, you want really want me to teach these incompetent people?" She points a pink manicured finger at us.

"Huh, honey you should be pointing to yourself, you're the only incompetent person in this gymnasium," I smile sweetly at the girl. Bella and Mirela snicker beside me, each murmuring in agreement.

"See what I mean?" Hillary glances back at her mother. "They're rude, incompetent assholes." Her mother glances at us, a hint of sorrow clouding her green irises before pulling her daughter by the arm and talking to her in hush tones.

"Let her say something slick and this extra credit is going down the drain and she'll have the privilege of my fist meeting her face," I mumble, watching as she continued arguing with her mother. Damn, if I even look at my mother the wrong way I would be done.