chapter | 10

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 10 • a face from the past ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 10 • a face from the past ]
──────

"HE DID THAT on purpose," Mirela basically shouts as she repeatedly smacks my arm. Confusion sweeps over my face as I stop eating my Skittles and raise a brow at her. "Huh? Wait, are we talking about Angel because I don't think he'll make his team lose against Hillcrest."

"Your brother, idiot." She responds back in a duh tone. I furrow my brows, still more confused than ever. "Am I missing something here? What did that doofus do?"

"He lifted his shirt up to wipe his face and in the process his abs were on full display," She practically yells. "Oh...ew" Confusion is soon swept away and replaced with disgust. "You made me lose my appetite." I wave the pack of Skittles in the air before tucking them away into my jean pocket.

Mirela chuckles, "Yeah, right. You could never lose your appetite." Rolling her eyes.

"Uhh, just did."

Mirela raises her brows, crossing her arms over her chest. "Still don't believe you. But I'm pretty sure if Kio did that then you'll be the one going crazy." She states knowingly, smirking at me.

"You're delusional."

"Oh, so I didn't witness you talking to him before the game smiling and laughing." She quirks a brow in my direction.

"Yeah, you're going crazy." I click my tongue, rocking on the back of my heels. "You should see a doctor, y'know. You're seeing things and that's not good."

"Oh, shut up." She lightly pushes my shoulder, laughing. I join in on the laughing, turning to look at the teams. My brows furrow together as my eyes caught sight of my brother pacing around still looking at his playbook. "I've never seen him this worked up about a game and it's not even playoffs." Mirela voices my exact thoughts.

I turn to look at her, "I know. I'm actually worried." I mutter before turning towards my parents. After telling my parents I was going to check up on Hunter, I walked (mostly ran) past the groups of people on the bleachers to get to Hunter.

"Hunter, what's going on?" I question, trying to catch my breath. He looks at me before rolling his eyes and taking a seat. "We're about to start, you should get back to the bleachers." He spat out harshly.

"You have a couple of seconds left of the called timeout, you can spare it and talk to me." I lightly punch his shoulder, smiling at me. He just rolls his eyes, returning his attention towards the playbook. "Okay, I'm having a harsh audience today. But seriously what's wrong, I'm not leaving until you tell me."

"I'm pretty sure Ramos would love to talk."

I lower my head, changing my line of sight to my shoes, "Look, I was just bothering him, y'know trying to get under his skin for the game." I straight out lied. How in the hell was I suppose to tell him that I was beginning to talk with Kio  and his friends. I know how Hunter is and he'll blow up before I could even fully explain anything.