chapter | 59

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 59 • emotionally bankrupt ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 59 • emotionally bankrupt ]
──────

I FELT EMOTIONALLY bankrupt.

The past few days have just been a blur. Today, just like every day that's gone by I felt empty inside. No matter how much I did or what I did, that void of emptiness just couldn't be filled.

I just wanted her back now.

I miss the smile that's always painted on her lips. I had spent restless nights with my thoughts running around her; her ethereal smile, a constellation of freckles painted across her face, her witted remarks, and the way her eyes twinkled when she was happy.

Heaving a heavy sigh, I trot down the stairs, hands stuffed into the pockets of my sweats and a yawn slips past my lips.

The front door swings open, and Ophelia runs in covered in snow, the most radiant smile is painted on her cherry-tinted face. "Nathan threw me into a huge pile of snow," she says, throwing her gloves that were already off her hands onto the floor.

She laughs breathlessly. "Almost broke my nose." she shrugs while yanking her scarf off.

She sits on the floor, attempting to take her snow boots off but just lifts her left foot in the air. Taking it as a silent request to help her, I jog down the last few steps and stop in front of her, bending down and unzipping her boot before pulling it off.

Ophelia's cold, small finger taps against my forehead. "What's bothering you?" she frowns while looking at me.

I shake my head, taking her other boot off. "Nothings wrong. Everything is just perfectly fine, " I mutter, helping her up from the floor. I pull her beanie off, ruffling her hair while smiling lightly at her.

She slaps my hand away, frowning while she fixed her hair. "I don't believe you."

I roll my eyes. "Everything's fine," I repeat.

Ophelia stares at me intensively, her lips pulling into a thin line as she studies my face. "Whatever. Did you call Atalie like I asked? I want to have a snowball fight, and beat the crap out of Leon."

I rub the nape of my neck, "Uh, yeah. But she's still sleeping."

"Then, let's go to her house and wake her bitch ass up." She grins at me, placing her hands on her hips. "I need to beat Leon again, he's annoying." Her nose crinkles up as she talks.

I blink. "No more hanging out with Nathan," I tell her while helping her take her coat off.

"So, we're going to her house? We can throw snowballs at her to wake her up," she offers, her eyes twinkling with mischief.