chapter | 03

───────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 3 • coma ]───────

───────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 3 • coma ]
───────

MY EYES REMAINED locked on the window, my chocolate brown irises focusing on the small droplets of water falling slowly from the roof of the car. From my line of sight, I could hear the small sound the droplets of water made after it splashed on the window, making a soft 'clank' sound.

The window was hazy on my side as I drew an 'a' on it, tracing the pattern with my small delicate hand.

It was ludicrous.

What gave boys the idea that they had the power to do whatever they wanted with us, girls? I swear, if I had the choice, I'll throw a brick  (or do something even worse) at the boys who believed they owned the world, and most specifically boys who thought they owned us, girls.

I was pissed off.

Hunter knew that, which is why he didn't bother making any conversation with me. I was seconds away from blowing up and he didn't want to be caught in the crossfire.

Once we pulled up in the driveway of our home, I stormed out the car, slamming the door shut.

"Yeah, just break my fucking door," Hunter shouts after me. I turn around and send him a death glare, warning him he was on thin ice "Nevermind, break the door all you want." he says.

I didn't bother replying to him and headed inside our house, accidentally shutting the front door way too loudly. "Mom! We're home!" I call out, walking towards the kitchen. My eyes flicker to my sister, Catina. She sat on the bar stool, hunched over doing her homework.

"Mom's, putting the little rascals to sleep." She mutters before dropping her pencil and looking at me. "How was the game?"

"We won. And I got you this," I hand her a box, containing a chocolate cake. "It's not mom's or grandma's but hey, it tastes good. How's being grounded?" I grin at her as I take a sit beside her.

She shoots me a glare before turning her undivided attention to the cake. "The worst," she grumbles.

"How many more assignments do you have left?" I question.

"A whole weeks worth."

"Gimme a pen," I tell her as I grab her history assignments, I needed something to clear my head. Catina doesn't even bother questioning and just hands me a pen.

"What the hell happened to your hand?" She gestures towards my left hand as I began writing.

"Punched Kio Ramos," I shrug beginning to start answering the questions.

Catina places her hand on top of mine, stopping me from writing. "Fuck the homework. Tell me what happened." she grins excitedly at me.

"There's noting to tell. He kissed me to show his bat-shit crazy ex that they were done and I punched him." I shrug continuing to do her work.

"Was it good? Did you sallow his saliva? What'd Hunter do?" she kept blabbering me with questions.

"He was busy talking with Mirela. Doesn't even know what happened and we'll keep it that way because then he'll get arrested for murder."

She gasped, "So it was good and you did sallow his saliva."

I scrunch my nose up in disgust. How was she related to me?

"What did I just walk into?" questions Hunter with a look of pure disgust on his face.

"Nothing now get out," Catina demands, waving her hand at him to go.

Hunter rolls his eyes, "This is my kitchen too."

I turn to look at him, "We're talking about my latest hookup and Catina's period."

He looks between the two of us, scrunching his nose up. "Goodnight," he says, grabbing a bag of chips and heading upstairs.

I chuckle lowly before looking at my younger sister. "You're fucking gross, you know that?"

She smirks at me, shrugging. "Hey, we're talking about Kio here. I'll be gross for him any day."

"Sis, that ain't it," I mutter shaking my head various times.

"Oh, come one. I know you're thinking the same thing." she argues. "He's freaken hot. And he has tattoos. Tattoos!"

"No."

"You and I both know you're lying," She states, "You probably wanna kiss him again."

"No, my lips will never touch his again," I remark.

"Yeah, right." Catina rolls her eyes, "That's a total lie."

"No, it's the truth," I argue.

"Whatever. I can't wait for the day to say I told you so," She shrugs, "Can I borrow your phone, I need to text someone."

"Here," I reach into the pocket of my jacket, pulling out my phone and handing it to her.

"I swear, Imma kill your uncle." My mother grumbles, walking into the kitchen.

"Which one?" I question, pushing the history papers away from me and Catina tucking my phone under her leg.

"Colton. He gave the twins a whole bag of candy and they were hyper as hell." She answers, "And Catina I saw the phone, the same goes for you Allie. I really don't care."

Catina sighs in relief before taking my phone back out and typing away on the screen. "Hunter did good tonight?" my mother questions, pulling her long blonde hair into a ponytail.

"Yeah, scored majority of the night."

My mother gave me a sad smile, "I wish I could've made it. The same goes for your father, but everything going on with grandma, we weren't going to make it." she says, leaning against the marble counter. I look down at my wrist, toying with the bracelets. My grandmother from my mothers side, wasn't doing at all good. She's been fighting breast cancer for almost two years, but she was slowly losing her strength to keep on fighting.

"Hunter, understands," I mutter.

"What did you guys do after the game?" my mother questions, trying to change the subject and lighten the mood.

"Allie, decided to swap spit with Kio." Catina answers for me. My mom smirks at me, raising a questioning brow. "Then punch him afterwards. She has some serious anger issues."

"It wasn't even like that. Maybe like a peck and he deserved to get punched because no one told him to be kissing me out of the blue. I don't even know the kid." I huff out.

My mom chuckles, "Well, all I can say is that your father and I raised you right."

"Mom, can you do me a huge favor?" I question. My mom nods her head, telling me to continue. "Can you put me in coma. Like hit me in the head and I won't have to remember any of this."

"You really are my daughter." She mutters, "And, no."

I place my hands together, "Please."

"No."

"Mom!"

"Allie!"

"Forget I even asked." I mutter.

"I was going to do that anyway." My mother shrugs. "Let's go watch some Vampire Diaries." she grins at us.

"But I'm grounded." Catina furrow her brows.

"Your dad grounded you, not me." My mother states.

"I'll get the popcorn." I hop off the stool.