chapter | 32

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 32 • halloween vol

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 32 • halloween vol.two ]
──────

I LEAN AGAINST against the kitchen counter and bring the red solo cup to my lips, scanning over the crowd as the cold liquid flowed down my throat.

Multi-colored lights flickered around, smoke from the fog machine spread along the floor while music blared through the entire house. Bodies were pressed against each other as some danced, smoked, and drank. Or did all three. The smell of beer and sweat filled the air around me.

But my eyes were only stuck on her.

Everything else around her; the blared music, the pressed bodies dancing around her, and the flashing lights went unnoticed.

All that mattered was her — in this very moment, where she moved her body to the music, swaying her hips and throwing her arms in the air before running it down her body. Shit.

"Bro, it's not nice to stare," Nathan whispers as he stands beside me. Reluctantly, I remove my eyes from her and glare at my best friend, continuing to drink whatever was left in my cup. "Oh, come on you're really giving me the silent treatment?"

"You're lucky I don't beat your ass," I retort, eyes moving back to the crowd, but she wasn't there.

Nathan chuckles beside me, "Just embrace it, Zander is." He points to Zander, who was dancing with some girls, he was clearly enjoying wearing the costumes Nathan dared us to wear. According, to Nathan we were gonna be sexy Greek Gods, which I had a fucking white cape hanging over my one shoulder that had a gold wing on and a matching white fabric tied around my waist.

"I can see," I say, eyes dancing around the crowd. Her friends were on the dance floor, but she wasn't. My stomach churned as a million and one scenarios played in my head. All leading to one person, him. I swear, if he's here, I'm gonna lose it.

"So, are you going to do it?"

"Um, I'll be right back." I place my empty cup onto the counter. 

"Wait, you're gonna do it right now?! Like right here, right now?!"

I roll my eyes, not wanting to play into his antics. I say the first thing that comes to mind, something that I know that'll get him off my back just until I go find her. "Yeah, whatever."

"Holy shit! You're gonna do it, you're gonna fuck her brains out, I gotta go tell Mirela and the girls." He shrieks and runs into the crowd.