Chapter│72

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 72 • a face from the past ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 72 • a face from the past ]
──────

I REGRET COMING back home.

Okay, so I don't wholeheartedly regret coming back. I have four main reasons that make me regret coming back here (well, it's usually three, but today another reason has been added to the damn list).

Reason number one: I hate waking up early in the morning, screaming my lungs out because my father and the twins have decided to wake me up by playing pranks on me (locking my door doesn't even save me from their raft). They say it's payback for leaving them, but I believe it's them being complete assholes.

Reason number two: My mom has been making Hunter and me take shifts at the cafe to oversee everything. However, it's mostly me doing all the work because Hunter always happens to disappear from me. I swear it's to be with Angel (those two call me single in a hundred different fucking languages). It just sucks being alone to run everything while also planning a wedding.

Reason number three: I've been home for a week, and I haven't seen Kio. Not seeing him isn't the issue. The constant fear and anxiety I feel every day that I'm going to run into him or the boys accidentally happen to be the big issue. According to Hunter, it hasn't been pure luck not running into them; it has been him and the boys communicating with one another where I am so they won't run into me (Hunter said the boys also think I don't ever want to speak to them). I appreciate them going out of the way for me because I'm not ready to face them; I'm too fucking scared to do so. What I did was wrong to them, and I'm not prepared to face that. But I always doubt that their communication method will fall through. Communication is prone to, at one point, falling through - something is always going to go wrong.

And finally, reason number four: Today, my mother had a doctor's appointment and some errands to do and left me to watch the demons - I mean twins. Since they stepped foot into the cafe, they have been terrorizing the customers. It amused them. But, it gave me a raging headache, repeating myself numerous times to the twins and the customers. It was tiring and annoying.

A horrifying scream that would make my ears bleed and the glass windows to break caught my attention, breaking me from my trance. I wince slightly at the loud noise and look for the culprit. Not far from me was a lady screaming her head off, stuck in her chair, staring in horror at the table. There in front of her, crawling over the napkins, was a Tarantula, and the demons stood not far off laughing. Leon was wiping the tears from his eyes while Liam recorded the whole thing, still shaking from laughter.

I push myself off the counter in a hurry, rushing over to them. "Leon and Liam," My voice came out harsh and threatening. The laughter died down, and they stared at me, smiling innocently. "Get that damn Tarantula." I grit out, wondering where the fuck they even got a damn Tranatuala.