chapter | 39

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 39 • you're my person ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 39 • you're my person ]
──────

THE NIGHT SKY is peppered with vivid constellations and smeared with pastel-colored stars, the bright city lights aglow the darken sky. The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw.

"Close your eyes," I slowly say, the gravel crunches beneath the tries as I pull up to the spot. I glance over to the passenger side, catching sight of Kio looking up from his ice-cream (I had decided to stop at the ice-cream polar and buy us some) with knitted brows and a puzzled expression.

I unbuckle my seatbelt, leaning over whilst looking into his eyes. I smile softly at him, grabbing his bowl of ice-cream and placing it on the dashboard. Reaching my hands out, I gently close his eyelids. "See that wasn't so hard," I mutter.

Turning the car off, I step outside and head towards the passenger side. "What are you up to, brat?" Kio asks as I open the car door on his side. Intertwining my hands with his, ignoring the warmth shooting through my body, I help him out the car.

"Nothing," I mutter, removing my hands from his and leaning into the car to grab our bowls of ice-cream. "Keep your eyes shut. And here." I place his bowl of ice-cream into his hands before placing my right hand on his back, pushing him towards the  designated direction.

Walking up the trail, the dried leaves crunch beneath our shoes. "Okay, you can open your eyes. We're here," I announce, walking beside him. He opens his eyes, taking in the astonishing sight before us.

We're on a tall hill overlooking the city. The cityscape was a constellation of lights, telling stories from the bright neon rainbow lights. Just like any night, the city is alive with lights that echo the stars — it was truly a beautiful sight.

"So what do you think?" I question, striding towards the lone bench to the right.

Kio looks at the cityscape before looking at me, smiling. "It's beautiful. How did you find this?"

I push the dark-chocolate ice-cream around in my bowl, looking at the cityscape. Kio decides to join me on the bench, his knees bumping into mine as he sat. "I needed a place to clear my head and came across this hill. It's the perfect place to just sit down and rethink everything." I explain, "Things just get to overwhelming and I just need a breather, y'know?"

"Yeah, life can get pretty hard. Might have to steal your spot." He adds on. There's a wave of silence that washes over us, and it's not awkward, in-fact it's just the mere moment of enjoying each other's company while looking at the cityscape.