chapter | 02

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 2 • rivalry ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 2 • rivalry ]
──────

RIVALRIES EXIST EVERYWHERE.

And the town I live in happens to have no exception - sadly. Traditions are to be nurtured and the life-long rivalry between Kingly Prep and Hillcrest Prep were one of the many traditions to be followed.

Which is why I found my lips twisting into a scowl as I followed Hunter and Mirela into Cindy's Diner, my eyes immediately taking notice of the soccer team from Hillcrest Prep. I wasn't the one to really bother with the rivalry, but after the Hillcrest cheerleaders thought it would be funny to have the crowd chanting the word 'slut' while holding pictures of me on posters during one of the games between our schools, I then found myself pulled into the tradition.

So I thought it would be funny to punch the head cheerleader in the face.

My eyes land on the group of cheerleaders, glaring harshly at them. Hunter grabs my arm and pulls me along. "We don't need any problems." he whispers as he sits down in a booth.

I sit beside him and Mirela in front of us. "I won't cause any problems unless those obnoxious dim-witted cheerleaders think they can try something, because then I'll be giving them a free ticket to getting a new nose job." I remark.

Mirela chuckles lowly, "I'll help you."

Hunter sighs, shaking his head. "Violence is never the answer."

Mirela and I share a confuse look, each raising a brow at my brother. "Since when?" questions Mirela.

"Yeah because last time I checked, you're the one to punch someone for even looking in my direction." I remind him.

He simply shrugs, "It's not my fault that I don't like the way they look at you. It's disgusting." he shudders. "And violence became not being the answer when my coach threatened to pull me off the team."

My mouth falls in a O shape before twisting into a smile, "I'm so glad that I'm lazy and hate sports, I don't have to worry about messing up and getting kicked off a team."

Hunter glances at me, "I don't think being lazy is something to brag about."

"Well, it is to me." I shrug, "Trust me when I tell you, if being lazy was a contest I'll win first place." I grin excitedly at them.

"You'll also win in first place of sleeping and eating a lot." Hunter adds.

"That doesn't even offend me. That's a fucking compliment."

"Why are you my sister?" he questions, running his hands through his hair.

"I find myself asking why are you my brother." I remark. I turn my attention to look at Mirela who seemed to be staring at me, pleading with her eyes for me to leave. I knew of her life-long crush on him, when I first found out I wanted to drown myself in bleach. I mean who would like my brother. He was gross, annoying and - gross.

A knowingly smirk twists it's way onto my lips, "I'm going to the bathroom." I say, standing up. "Don't do anything stupid." I grin at Mirela and in response I get an eye roll.

Chuckling lowly to myself I instead head towards the bar, sitting on the red leather stools. I smile at the dark-haired Asian boy. His dark blue eyes bores into my chocolate brown ones as he stops wiping down the other side of the bar. "Hey, Axel." I say while grabbing the menu, flipping to the desert side.

"Hey, Allie. What can I get you?" He crosses his arms and leans against the counter.

I click my tongue in thought, before looking at him. "Strawberry milkshake, please."

He slightly crinkles his nose up, "Eww, strawberry." he mutters, but nonetheless he turns around and tells my order to the chief in the back. It's not long before he returns his attention back to me, toying with the rings on his hands.

"What's wrong with strawberry?" I question, perching my chin on the palm of my hand.

Axel shrugs, "It's just nasty." he simple states.

"How would you know if you haven't even tried it?"

Axel takes a pause with playing with his rings and looks up at me. "I just had a very bad experience with the flavor."

"Ohh." I get more comfortable in my seat, "Now, you gotta tell me."

The bell behind him rings and a smirk plays on his lips as he grabs my drink and hands it to me. "I gotta go wait on some tables See you around." he winks at me before walking away. I huff in annoyance watching he figure retreat. I tell you he has some main character luck shit, like whenever I try prying stories from him, something suddenly happens and prevents him from saying anything.

Abruptly, my chair spins around and before I have a chance to react, someone crashes their lips onto mine. My eyes grow wide and the grip I have on the ice cold glass tightens.

Think Zen.

The tall Chinese Filipino boy pulls away, a smirk playing on his pink lips. He throws an arm over my shoulder, facing the short Brazilian girl who looks like she was going to have a pissy fit any damn second.

Think Zen.

"I told you I moved on," The boy who kissed me says with a slight shrug, "Now would you please stop chasing after me? I'm getting fucking sick of it. I have a perfectly fine relationship with my girlfriend."

Realization dawns upon me that the short Brazilian girl is the head cheerleader from Hillcrest Prep that I gave the privilege of giving a new nose. "Nice nose, Juliana." I grin at her.

The curly-haired cheerleader clenches her fists at her sides, before stomping her foot and walking away. I roll my eyes to the back of my damn skull, causing an earthquake wasn't necessary.

"Hey, look-"

Fuck thinking Zen.

Before the boy could even finish his sentence, I ball my hand into a fist and swing at his sharp jawline. He stumbles back into the red stools behind, and he holds the right side of his jaw, eyes widening in shock as he realizes who he kissed.

My jaw unhinged realizing who the fuck I punched.

Kio Ramos.

Soccer captain from Hillcrest Prep and my brothers arch enemy.

I smile innocently at him, "You fucking deserved that, idiot." I pause, getting out of my seat. "You might want to put ice on that. Bye-bye." I wave at him, grabbing my milkshake and made way back to Hunter and Mirela.