chapter | 15

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 15 • dreadful mondays ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 15 • dreadful mondays ]
──────

MONDAY.

What a word. What a horrid feeling that word brings. The wind cuts my face and blows my hair behind my shoulder with so much force that at this point I was surprised I hadn't been blown over. Grumpily I fix the black beanie sitting on top of my head and enter the school building.

Silently humming to the lyrics of  Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood and drinking my coffee from Dunkin Donuts, I head straight for my locker. Bypassing anyone I didn't want to chat with, which was everyone.

A small yawn escapes my mouth as I stop in front of my red locker for nearly four years. My eyelids felt like rocks. I swear pulling an all-nighter seemed to be a good idea last night, now I was just rethinking all my life choices as I stare at my graffiti stained locker, the music is faintly heard in the distance.

An arm wraps around my shoulder, pulling my left earbud out. "Morning," Bella says before taking the cup of coffee from my hands and taking a sip. A smile crosses onto her face, showing her deep dimples.

"Morning," I reply, grabbing my coffee back. "I need this more than you do."

She dips her head low, laughing, her curly hair becoming a shield in hiding her dimples. "No argument there." Bella lifts her head, eyes narrowing down the hall, "There's our third Musketeer."

I turn my head to see Mirela, her hair is pulled into a bun, enhancing her brown fox eyes and sharp cheekbones. "I know damn well you're cold, " she directs her comment to me as she too takes my coffee.

I happen to be wearing a black crop top with a dark green oversized hoodie, and some cuffed ripped mom jeans. "Schools indoors, so I dress for the temperature inside, " I reply, smirking at her. "And my coffee is to help keep me warm."

"This coffee?" Mirela holds up the cup in the air before taking a sip, "It's really good."

"I mean, I wouldn't know since my two apparent best friends keep taking it."

"Someone's grumpy, " Bella mutters, removing her arm off of my shoulders.

"When isn't she, " Mirela shots back. The two look at one another, grinning at each other.

"If this is grumpy, then Imma start WW3 if one of you takes my coffee again, " I grab the styrofoam cup back, smiling sweetly at them.

"Did you finish that History assignment? The Cornell notes?" Mirela questions, leaning against the locker beside mine.

With furrow brows, I stop drinking my coffee and look at her as if she has grown three freakin heads. "We had homework?" I question in shock.