chapter | 04

───────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 4 • stalker ]────────

───────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 4 • stalker ]
────────

I DIDN'T WANT to be here.

School that is.

I mean who in there right mind likes coming to school. In all my seventeen years of life, I've never once heard of a teenager actually liking school, like those type of people were extinct, they went out with the fucking dinosaurs. And if you do, you were probably dropped as a baby. Or worse thrown down a flight of stairs.

Like I really wanna know, who hurt you? There has to be some reason for having a liking towards writing and listening to teachers blabber all day about why the fucking sky is grey or just finding x.

Like the fucking sky is grey because it's grey and I simply don't care about finding y's x. They broke up for a damn reason.

Usually, I didn't find myself being bored in math class. Like it was the only interesting class, but that was because our calculus teacher, Mr. Smith, enjoyed telling us about his life. One simple question can be asked and he'll give you an entire lecture about it, but hey, I'm not complaining.

In fact, I actually like when he spends the entire class period talking about whether milk should or shouldn't be poured first with a bowl of cereal, it was a way for me to take naps. Which I greatly enjoyed.

And just a side note, milk is to be poured after the cereal is in the bowl. If you don't do that then you aren't human.

But today, I couldn't help but stare at my blank worksheet - the only thing written on it was my name. Mr. Smith came to work today pissed off and decided to give us work - like excuse me sir, don't take out your anger at us.

I jump up in my seat when the door bursts open and in walks - no actually dances in, my other bestfriend Bella. She decides to dance in like she's early and didn't miss literally the entire class, like we had about ten minutes left.

She grins at me as she skips towards me, ignoring Mr. Smith questions as to why she was late. "I had a hectic fucking morning!" she calls out, placing two cups of coffee on my desk and pulling the empty chair in front of me around, so she'll be able to see me. She didn't care about being told off to turn the chair back around.

"What happened?" I question, grabbing my cup of coffee.

"Okay, so you know how my mom literally tracks my period?" I nod my head. "Yeah, well I was three freaken days late, so she made me take a pregnancy test. Then she made me take a fucking drug test." She huffs out. "So, I had to run all the way to Mirela's house and ask her to pee for me. Girl, I must've lost ten pounds today." she grumbles.

I chuckle lowly, sipping my coffee. "You know that I'm allergic to coffee, don't you?" Hillary turns to look at us with a disgusted scowl on her face.

"And you know I don't care." I retort back. I mean I was literally two desks away from her, she just wanted to be all extra for no reason.

"I'm going to die!" She gasps out dramatically.

I roll my eyes before looking at Bella, a smirk etching its way on either our faces. "You wanna do it, or should I?" Bella questions, glancing back at Hillary.

"I got it." I mutter, standing up from my desk. Bella grins madly as she takes out her phone, giving me a thumbs up to continue. I walk towards Hillary and as soon as I'm close to her I trip over my feet, acting as if I threw the hot brewing coffee onto her.

She lets out an almighty screech as she jumps up from her chair. I swear she could become a siren.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry." I rush out, holding back a smirk. "I tripped."

"Anderson, what's going on?" My teacher questions, looking up from his phone.

"She tried pouring coffee on me! I'm going to die!" Hillary cries out.

"Lies! I didn't do anything. I needed help with a problem and went to ask her, she's just being dramatic." I argue, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Anderson, take a seat and Clark stop screaming like a banshee." I turn on the heel of my boot, grinning at Bella.

"Couldn't have done better myself." She says as she gives me a high-five.

ƪƪƪ

AFTER EIGHT LONG tortuous hours, the bell finally rings loud throughout the halls signaling the end of classes. I fly out of my seat and into the hallway before the halls get packed.

I was on a mission.

To leave this hell hole and get home.

Stuffing my hands into the pockets of my denim jacket, I walk outside. A cool breeze caresses my soft skin and blows my hair around me. I put my earphones in and press play, humming the lyrics to Somebody Else by 1975. Droplets of rain begin to fall and I pull the hood to my blue hoodie over my head.

A hand grips my shoulder tighter, pulling me around. Without thought, I pull my hand out and go to swing, only for it to be caught mid-way. My eyes land on the big hand wrapped around my tiny wrist.

"I would really appreciate if you stop hitting me."

I wrenched my wrist free from his hold, rubbing the sore spot. "I would really appreciate if you stop sneaking up on me." I retort back, looking back at Kio.

"You really know how to make a girl swoon." I sarcastically comment, rolling my eyes. Kio furrows his brows in confusion. "First, you kiss me without asking. And now, you're stalking me."

"About that.." Kio trails off, scratching the base of his neck. "I wanted to apologize. I just needed to get Juliana off my back. By the way it worked, she's scared to even look my way because she thinks you'll break her nose again." He chuckles lowly.

"Glad I helped." I remark. A smirk twists upon my lips as I saw the black and blue bruise planted on his jaw. It contrasted with his fairly light skin. "You should really put ice on that."

Kio nods his head in agreement, "Yeah, I admit you got me good."

"Hope you learned your lesson to not going around planting your fucking lips on mine." I grumble.

He chuckles lowly, staring at me before clearing his throat. "I'll see you around." He glances at me once more before turning to leave.

I huff in annoyance, that kid just wasted a good ten minutes of my life - okay probably like three, but the point is I could've been on my way home.