chapter | 37

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 37 • straight ludicrous ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 37 • straight ludicrous ]
──────

"THE WAY YOU flirt is just shameful," Catina drawls out, removing her gaze from the mixer. "We really need to work on your skills." She puts the machine to stop as she awaited a comment from me.

I give my sister an exasperated look from the corners of my eyes and continue to poke around my apple pie. "They are shit-ass," She adds, returning her attention to the pizza dough she was making.

"There's nothing wrong with my flirting skills."

"Oh, Atalie, you ran away from a boy after you kissed him!"

"I left because his friends came," I correct, glancing up from my pie. "And, I've been meaning to ask, how the hell do you know about the kiss?"

Catina looks over her shoulder, smirking at me, "There's a group chat." She grabs the flour and pours some onto the counter before placing the dough down and beginning to knead the dough. "And, Bella is a party pooper, she didn't want to join."

Putting a stop to poking the pie, I drop the fork and blink slowly while looking at my evil sister. Her eyes are filled with amusement. "What the hell? Why did you guys make a group chat?"

"To talk about yours and Kio's stupidity."

"Seriously? What is wrong with you guys?"

"Nothing," She knits her brows together, "But, what is wrong with you and Kio? Seriously, it took this long to kiss each other. I lost out on 60 bucks."

A smirk twists onto my lips, "That's what you get."

"I have this extraordinary plan," She states, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. "I can make a bet with Nathan again about you and Kio locking lips for a second time, and you can do it so I can get my 60 bucks back."

"I won't kiss him for a dare," I deadpan, propping my chin on the palm of my hand, watching at Catina continued to knead the dough with difficulty. "Do you need help?"

"Yes," She breathes out, placing her hands on her hips, "This shit is hard. And, just think of this as a favor, I'll be giving you the opportunity to kiss him again."

I scoff, standing up and grabbing the rolling pin from her hands. "Here's a brilliant, extraordinary idea, stay out of my business. And you're doing it wrong, you need to do it like this." I hit the rolling pin against the dough, creating a dent in the thick, malleable paste. "See? Brilliant."