chapter | 44

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 44 • morning troubles ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 44 • morning troubles ]
──────

THE GOLDEN HUE of the sweltering sun sneaked into Kio's room, the breeze intruding from a slightly opened window washing over us. Forcing my groggy eyes open from the sunlight that poured into the room, I blink slowly to awake myself.

My eyes slowly trail down to the mop of inky, black hair on my chest, Kio's arms were wrapped around my waist tightly.

My tan fingers weave through his black strands of hair, gently untangling it with a small smile crossing my face. Soon, I move my hand to trace the indents of his back muscles from working out so much. I felt his body melt under my touch — his body had grown accustomed to my touch.

But it's not like he was any better, his arm that was underneath my body happened to be trailing up and down my back, catching onto my sports bra every so often, and going back down to the waistband of my sweats. Chills ran down my spine and it wasn't from the cold breeze rushing into his room.

We were both awake. We both knew it. However, neither of us made an effort to move from
each other's arms. We were savoring the heavenly feeling of our bodies against one another. It was like we were puzzle pieces, fitting perfectly together. It was perfect and oh, so surreal to me.

After a while of neither making an effort to move, I shift slightly under Kio's body. He groans loudly, the noise vibrating against my chest. I chuckle lowly, "Kio, we need to start getting up," I whisper, continuing to trace shapes on his back.

"Pretty boy, you have practice." He didn't bother to respond or get up, instead he just merely grunts in acknowledgment, burying his head further into the juncture of my neck where it met my shoulder. I could feel his breath, soft and warm against my skin.

"I don't need Nathan complaining to me about being part of the reason for having a near-death experience at practice," I murmur, receiving a low chuckle from him. Eventually, he rolls over, pushing his hair away from his forehead, staring at me. "Mornin' sleeping beauty." I smile at him.

"Mornin' beautiful," He says groggily, his morning voice sending chills through my body.

"No, that saying is strictly for the girls," I inform him. "You gotta come up with something better."

His eyes trail up to his ceiling, brows knitting together as he thinks of something. "Mornin' pretty baby," he says. "Maybe I should just stick to brat and fluffy. I think fluffy is the winner." His eyes glistening with amusement at the first terrible nickname he acquired for me.

"No! That name is banned from all countries," I state, sitting up straight and looking at him. "There's a law if that name is used again, then you gotta pay a fine of 100 dollars to Atalie Anderson."