chapter | 34

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 34 • accidents ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 34 • accidents ]
──────

AS I POWER walk down the footpath, the cantaloupe hue of the blazing sun peeked through the thick clouds. I grip my phone closer to my right ear, fingertips cold and nearly frozen — they felt as if they were going to fall off at any given moment.

Currently, I was heading inside the school building while on the phone with Bella. After spending the majority of my morning with my brother out on the soccer field, I was now heading into the school building to get ready for homeroom. He needed to blow off some steam and decided the best way was to kick a ball around.

At first, it didn't cross my mind that I'll be in the cold, chasing after a ball like a fucking dog. I just wanted to be a helpful sister (and I felt bad that he had to take care of my drunk self on our birthday), but I was now deeply regretting that decision.

A dry laugh leaves my mouth, tucking my left hand into my back pocket. "What? Your kidding."

"No, I'm not." Groans out Bella. "I woke up with a bad fucking headache and a high fever, so I'm not coming to school."

A short sigh leaves my lips. "Now, who the hell am I suppose to cheat off for this damn Calculus test?" I question because, between Bella and me, she was the one who had some sort of clue on what the hell was going on in that class.

In response, Bella laughs before replying, "Maybe ask Hillary? She seems to be a real huge fan of you."

I scoff at her words, "Someone could offer me millions, and I won't ever ask for her help."

"How about billions?"

"Still no, " I say, opening the door to the school building and walking in.

Bella mutters words in agreement, adding, "Im going back to sleep in my nice warm covers, something you can't do. Oh, and don't fail your test."

"I'll try, but all I understand is that there useless fucking numbers on a page, " I tell her, beginning to open my locker.

"Just remember y has different meanings based on the form of the function."

"Yeah, because that was so fucking helpful."

"Glad, I could help." Bidding goodbye to her, I open my locker, slightly wincing at the still made mess in my locker. Mirela was still on my ass about cleaning the damn thing, but I wasn't budging.

Slipping my phone into my back pocket, I begin my journey in looking for my stupid textbooks. Just as I was fighting with my locker to take out my history book, I heard a familiar sweet voice. "Morning, pretty." Mirela pipped up behind me.