chapter | 05

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 5 • protein ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 5 • protein ]
──────

I DUG MY dirty white converse into the grass, keeping a firm grip on my brother Leon's legs as he wraps them around my torso. His twin brother, Liam, was in the exact position on Hunter's back.

I glance back, meeting the chocolate eyed, freckled boy. "Ready?" He nods his head, a smile twisting onto his face. I divert my attention to my twin, "Ready?"

He smiles at me, tightening his hold on Liam's legs, "Get ready to be doing my homework for a week."

I furrow my brows at his statement, "We never agreed to that."

Hunter shrugs, "Well, now we are." he smirks at me before setting off.

"You flipping cheater!" I yell as I too began to start running. "Catina was supposed to tell us when to go!"

As I ran, the rush of a cold breeze hit mines and Leon in the faces, reddening them. Leon dug his face into my shoulder, his laughter filling my ears. My feet pounded against the ground as I tried my hardest to keep up with my brother. It was a no brainer that my brother was going to win- he practically ran for a living.

My breaths came in heaves as I finally came to a stop, glaring at Hunter. I wanted to curse him out so badly, but I had my younger baby brothers around me, and I wouldn't want them to be saying 'fuck' again. Thanks to me, their first words were 'fuck' and 'shit' now I didn't intentionally teach them those words - they just hung around me a little too much.

"You're a cheater," I state, setting Leon down.

Hunter smirks at me, crossing his arms over his chest, "We won fair and square, isn't that right, Liam?" he crouched down to his height, ruffling his hair up.

"No," He shook his head.

I couldn't help but smile triumphantly. "A three-year-old is smarter than you," I remark, causing Liam to smile triumphantly also and stick his tongue at his older brother.

Hunter tilts his head back, groaning. "You were supposed to say yes. Now, gimme that dollar," he held his hand out.

"You bribed our brother?" Catina questions as she joined us with the soccer ball tucked under her left arm.

"Yeah." He answers.

"I love how you're teaching them at a young age, that cheating is okay," remarks Catina.

Hunter shrugs, "It's fine when doing a test or homework, but not for a game."

"You're an idiot," I mutter, shaking my head. "This was literally a game."

Leon and Liam grin at one another, before pointing at Hunter. "You're an idiot," they spoke at the same time. Catina and I meet each other gazes before laughter erupted from our mouths.