chapter | 57

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 57 • disaster strikes]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 57 • disaster strikes]
──────

{tw: inference of SA}

THE SOUND OF my ringtone blaring underneath the pillow is the first thing that registers when I remove my head off of Kio's chest. Kio's soft snores fill my ears, his hands tightly holding my waist.

Ophelia groans and lifts her hand, smacking Kio repeatedly in the face. "Shut your stupid phone off," she grumbles, burying her head further into one of the pillows.

"It's not mine. It's Atalie's," Kio groggily answers, moving his sister further to the edge of the bed. When we came back from the ice rink, Ophelia managed to talk her way into having a Disney movie marathon and we all fell asleep halfway through the second movie.

Ophelia smacks her brother in the face again. "Then, shut her phone off for her, stupid."

With squinted eyes, I move my hand underneath the pillow, feeling around for my phone. Bringing my phone to my face, I blink slowly, seeing Catina's name flash across the screen.

I slide my thumb across the screen, answering the call. I bring my phone to my ear and place my head against Kio's chest. "What's up, Catina?" I question, holding back a yawn.

"¡Dios mío! Atalie, you answered," (oh my god) she breathes out. "W-where are you? Are you back from your date." Her voice is barely heard from the loud music that's playing in the background on her end.

"Yeah, I'm at Kio's. What's wrong?"

She lets out a shaky breath. "I-I need you to come and get me. Please."

"Ok, hold on." Kio releases his hold on my waist, taking his arms off my waist, allowing me to sit up in the bed. I take my phone away from my ear, a frown began to etch onto my features as I notice Catina isn't sharing her location with me — it's a rule to share our locations in the Anderson household (sometimes I never follow it, but Catina always has her locations shared).

"You aren't sharing your location with me. Where are you?" The desperateness in my voice is evident. Throwing the covers off my body, I get out of bed and grab my car key that were thrown on the nightstand.

She sniffles. "Please don't be mad," she pauses, sighing. "I-I went to a rave with Cindy, we were invited and something happened."

My lips part and I run a hand through my hair, tugging at it, anxiety soared through my body. I use to go to the raves with my douche bag ex, and he'll force me to do whatever he wanted — it was the absolute worst relationship and I did everything he wanted because I was a dumb naive girl who thought I was in love.