chapter | 31

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 31 • halloween vol

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 31 • halloween vol.one ]
──────

FOR THE FIRST fucking time, in about three days, I had finally slept for more than two hours last night. I mean, I actually got three, but an extra thirty-minutes doesn't hurt?

I stayed up all night, way up into the morning, perfecting the costumes for today. With my passion for fashion, I sought perfection in all my projects. Everything that's crafted by my hands had to be eye-catching, they had to be embedded into people's minds forever. And the costumes were no exception.

Through the window and opened curtains comes a vibrant, yet annoying glow of the day. The sunlight makes rainbow diamonds that dance upon the picture-filled walls.

My eyes are tightly closed together due to the bright rays of light, an agitated groan leaving my lips. Can the sun go back to sleep?

I press my cheek further into my pillow and pull the white covers up and over my head, trying to block the stupid light.

A knock sounds on the other side of my door, there's a moment of silence before the person walks away, and then my door slowly opens. Feet padding against my hardwood floor rings through my ears just as the covers are pulled off.

My eyes open to see Catina standing over me with a smile on her face, her eyes swarm with mischief."Happy birthday, bitch!" She screams, pouring a bucket of ice-cold water onto me, cubes of iced hitting my head.

A shrill scream leaves my mouth just as my hair and shirt get soaked. I glare at my sister as she waves at me, lowering the bucket, "Best present ever!" She exclaims just as a scream comes from Hunter's room — they did the same thing to him.

"I'm going to fucking kill you," I grit out, jumping out of my bed and chasing after Catina. My eyes catch sight of Hunter who already ran down the stairs, screaming at our father, who was just merely laughing at the entire situation at hand.

Of course, Catina and him were behind this. Catina was his exact replica in every way, that included pulling the damn pranks on Hunter and me nearly every year on our birthday.

Part of me regrets even staying up all night because I would've remembered and locked my damn room door to prevent this from happening.

While running down the steps, she threw the damn bucket at me and headed into the living room. "Allie. Atalie, let's talk about this," she says, rounding the couch and picking a pillow up. "I was just joking around."

"And I'm going to be joking around when I kill your ass," I say just as she throws the pillow at me. I quickly dodge it and she takes the chance to head into the kitchen.