chapter | 19

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 19 • jail time ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 19 • jail time ]
──────

I STARE AT the metal bars of the jail cell in complete and utter aggravation. In all my dreadful seventeen years of life, I've never been locked up inside a fucking jail cell. Then to put the cherry on top I was soaking wet — and not in the good kind. I was drenched, the cheerleading uniform I still sported on stuck to my body like a second cloak after getting arrested in the fucking rain.

My nose was caked up with dried blood and there were splotches of crimson red on the top of the uniform. My raven hair looked darker as it clamped to my face, still droplets of water hitting the ground.

I slump back on the bench, staring blanking at the grey ceiling.

Nathan sits to my right on the opposite bench, his head in his hands. "Could this night get any worse?" He mutters when he feels my harsh glare on his pale skin.

I run my hands through my tangled hair, "This is complete bullshit." My voice came out harsh, this was unbelievable.

My parents, oh lord. They're going to murder me.

"You should have run when I told you to run." A harsh voice sounds in the front of the cell. I roll my eyes, letting out a long groan, just the sound of his voice was souring my mood even more.

"Oh, cállate! This is your fault!" I snap and lift my eyes to glare at an irritated looking Kio. He was pacing in the front of the cell, hands stuffed into his pants pockets. Kio Ramos was working my last nerves.

"You're working my last fucking nerves," He snaps back at me, his eyes glaring so hard at me I could partially feel the heat on me.

"Funny, I was just thinking the same damn thing," I sneer standing up. "My parents are going to kill me, so it was nice knowing you all. Except you, Kio Ramos, go fuck yourself."

"Oh, stop being so dramatic," He hisses lowly and stalks towards me, a cold look on his face. I stand my ground, eyes narrowing and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Dramatic? We got into a car accident, and got chased by cops!" I raise my voice at him, and he just rolls his eyes.

"Come on guys, let's all calm down," Zander mummers in the corner. My eyes shift to the boy, brows meeting together.

"Oh shut up, you cripple. He was going to leave you."

"Eh, I would've done the same thing," He shrugs, shifting the ice packet on his ankle.