Episode 53-Law and justice

True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice.

Martin Luther King, Jr
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music played: soul survivor by Rita ora
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mary barged into James's living room unannounced and shouted his name. "James! James!" She shouted.

James rushed out from his bedroom into the living room with only his boxers on. "What the heck is going on? Why would you shout my name like that?" He questioned.

"Because our plans are ruined." Mary cried out and sat down on the brown leather couch in the living room.

"I heard some noise. What is going on?" Kemisola questioned as she walked into the living room.

"Our plans to get the feathers are down the drain. It finished for us." Mary told them.

"How do you mean? Did something bad also happened to you?" Kemisola questioned.

"Nothing is wrong with me. Lara has been kidnapped and I can't get to Kendra. She is refusing to pick my calls."

"Hold on a second, let me try and call her through my phone." James offered.

"Okay but first put on proper clothes," Mary told him.

James nodded and went back into his room.

Kemisola sat beside Mary on the couch and took her hand.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. Why would they come after Lara? What are we going to do? What if Lara tells them about us?" Kemisola panicked as she thought about how the feathers would punish them once they find out about their plans.

"Calm your nerves down. Lara will never snitch on us. None of this was supposed to happen." Mary lamented.

James returned into the living room now wearing a white tee and a pair of black jeans trousers. He placed his phone on his ear and waited for a positive response. When he didn't get any, he looked at Mary and shook his head. "She didn't pick my calls either."

"What do we do now?" Kemisola questioned.

"I don't know!" Mary shouted and placed her hands on her head. "What if something bad had happened to her? What if they took her too?" She stood up and paced around the living room. "Why is this happening to us?"

"Calm down. Let me call her again and if she doesn't pick up, we are heading straight to her house." James said and dialed Kendra's number again but it went straight to voicemail.

"We need to go to her house now! Should I inform Lisa?" Kemisola questioned her brother.

"No, she will be really worried. Once we get to her house, we will know what to do." James said.

The three all walked out of the house and entered Kendra's car that was in James's possession.

"I hope she is fine," Mary said hopefully.

"She will be," Kemisola assured her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yomi didn't know what he was doing in front of Hamilton shopping mall. The largest shopping mall in mecianda. He was just standing in their parking lots beside his car and staring at the name on the board.

"Hamilton shopping mall," he read the name out and cursed silently. "Bastard"

Yomi continues staring at the building that once belongs to Jeremy. The place used to be Jeremy's old firm until it caught fire and when Jeremy was announced dead, Daniel Hamilton took over the property and build the biggest shopping mall within a few months.