Episode 37-law and justice

"The dead cannot cry out for justice. The living must do so for them."

Lois McMaster Bujold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Background music: please don't cry by David fesliyan.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When the fire finally pulled out of the building, Jeremy didn't wait for the smoke from the fire to go down as he entered into his law firms that were now in ruins. His office was unrecognizable. He searched through his office to see f any document was not affected by the fire but he didn't see anything. Everything was in ruins. The chairs, the files, the computers, and other valuable things were consumed by the fire.

The smoke from the fire choked him but Jeremy didn't plan on giving up. He wanted to know if there was something left untouched inside his office. The smoke continues to increase and Jeremy still didn't bother to leave the office.

Yomi who was outside with Kendra and the girls looked around for Jeremy and when he didn't see him, he went inside the building in search of him. There, he saw Jeremy laying on the ground and choking on his breathe. Yomi helped him up and lead him outside. Once they were outside, Jeremy wanted to go inside the building again but he was stopped by Yomi.

"Are you insane Jeremy?" Yomi yelled at him. "I know you ain't happy about your firm but you do not have to risk your life like this."

"I have to, " Jeremy coughed and held his chest. "I have to go into the building and see if I can save any document."

"Go inside and do what? Choke to death!" Yomi shouted and pulled Jeremy's hand towards the car. "We are leaving Jeremy. You must be insane to think that I would leave you and let you kill yourself." Yomi said and continued to pull Jeremy towards the car.

"What is going on here?" Kendra asked as she saw the tension between the two of them. "Jeremy are you okay?" She asked as she stared at his red face.

"He is not okay because this idiot went into the office in search of something. I'm taking him home now. Tell the girls to sort things out with the fire department." Yomi instructed and walked towards the car. When they reached the car, he opened the passenger door for Jeremy to enter and he entered without an argument. Yomi got into the driver's seat and drove out of malish street.

Jeremy rested his head on the passenger seat and closed his eyes. He thought of what to do next and how he was going to go about his plan. He knew the feathers wanted him to give up but his father had thought him a lesson about life and that is the lesson of not giving up. He wasn't going to give up because the feathers threatened him instead he was going to make sure they had a taste of his revenge.

*************************
The next time Jeremy opened his eyes, he was on his bed and it was noontime. He stood up from his bed and stretched his arms and legs. After putting on a shirt and trousers, Jeremy walked down to the living room. There, he met the justice talking silently and when they sighted his presence, they stopped talking.

"You can go on with whatever you guys are saying. Don't stop on my account, " Jeremy said and took a seat on an empty two-arm leather couch in his living room.

"Jeremy," Mary called his name and he raised his head at her. "I am sorry about your law firm. I didn't expect the feathers going to such length."

"It's fine Mary, " Jeremy smiled and then looked at the faces of the justice who stared back at him. "I am seriously fine, " he said to them and then began laughing.

The justice all stared at each other's faces before turning to face Jeremy. They knew he wasn't fine and laughing was the only way to show them that he was fine.