Episode 35-law and justice

"There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supersedes all other courts."

Mahatma Gandhi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music played: The greatest by Sia feat Kendrick Lamar.

.   ******************************

Jeremy in his unconscious state dreamt of his family and how they told him to move on and forget his past. Jeremy cried as he watched his family leaving his side once again and when he finally said his goodbye, he woke up to the real world but then he heard the footsteps entering his room and he pretended to be asleep.

As the footsteps got nearer to him, Jeremy figured the person wasn't someone he knew and he made a decision. He grabbed the person by his hand and opened his eyes.

"Who are you?" He asked and tightened his grip on the person's hand. "Who are you and who sent you here?" Jeremy asked and struggled to rise from the bed.

Andre saw his struggles and used that opportunity to pushed Jeremy down and ran to the door, as Andre continue running he bumped into yomi in the hallways.

"Sorry, " Andre bows and walked away from him.

Yomi looked at him suspiciously and then he ran into Jeremy's ward. He met Jeremy struggling to raise from the bed.

"Oh my God. Jeremy, are you okay?" Yomi quickly rushed and checked him to see if he was hurt. Seeing that he was fine, yomi walked to the window and saw Andre getting into a car, he shouted and rushed to the door but Jeremy called him back.

"Yomi, get back here. You don't have to follow him, " Jeremy said and pointed to the ground.

The syringe that was filled with red liquid that was meant to use on Jeremy by Andre laid on the floor.

"I think it was dropped by that man," Jeremy informed.

Yomi bought a handkerchief from his pocket and used it to pick the syringe from the ground. He examined the syringe and shook his head because he had no idea of the liquid inside the syringe.

"He was sent here to kill me which means that the feathers want me dead," Jeremy explained to yomi who continued to stare at the syringe. "I need to get out of this hospital now"

"But you are not fit to even stand up. You've been in that bed for weeks Jeremy and I'm not going to let any harm come your way"

"Yomi I'm not telling you this, I am ordering you as your boss, get me out of here now and call Lisa to set a meeting with the others."

"Are you insane?" Yomi shouted, "you fainted after a case and now you want to set a meeting after you just recovered. You are insane Jeremy Akinsola"

"If I continue to stay in this hospital then I'm going to die soon because this is molly's hospital" Jeremy protested and struggle to rise from the bed.

"What are you doing Jeremy?"

Jeremy ignored Yomi and stood up from the bed. As he landed on his feet, he stumbled and almost fell but Yomi quickly grabbed him. 

"This is what I mean when I said you are not fine. You can't even stand on your own!" Yomi yelled and helped Jeremy up. He placed Jeremy's hand around his shoulder and he helped him out of the door.  "Whatever makes you want you to get out of here, it must be for a good reason," Yomi said to Jeremy who only nodded in response.

As they got to the receptionist, the doctor and nurses tried to stop them from leaving but after settling the medical bills and signing the discharge form. Yomi took Jeremy away and ignored the Doctor's and nurse's protests.