Episode 61-Law and justice

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are."

Benjamin Franklin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music played: Fight song by Rachael Platten
____________________________________

1:45 am

A day to the feathers launching.

"Jeremy?" Kemisola screeched. "You were alive!"

The room grew silent as all heads turned towards Jeremy's direction. No one spoke a word for few minutes until James decided to break the silence. "Can somebody explain what's going on?"

"This is the truth?" Lara asked Kendra and she gave a nod. "How are they here? How?"

"I can explain," Yomi told them. "If you can calm down and let me explain everything in detail."

"Explain what? What the hell?" Mary shouted. "We thought you died but how are you alive?"

"That's what I'm trying to explain here," Yomi replied.

"I can't believe this. I can't believe I believed you died." Lara said and rushed out of the Mansion.

"Lara, wait," Kendra shouted and turned to follow her but Jeremy stopped her. "She is upset. Let me go."

"I got this," he said to her and walked out of the Mansion.

When he got outside, he couldn't see anything. It was pitch black because there was no moon. Jeremy stood at the entrance and called Lara's name. "Lara, I know you are here somewhere. Please come inside." He begged.

"Go away," Lara shouted back but didn't come to meet him. "You lied to everyone. When I heard about your death, I thought I had lost everything. You were the only family I had but you lied to us!" She shouted.

"I didn't lie to you Lara. I swear I didn't. Some things happened that no one can understand. " he tried to explain but his voice broke and he paused for a while. "All I can say is that I am sorry. I'm sorry." He apologized.

Lara didn't reply and all that could be heard were her sobs.

"Please come inside. It's late." He begged. He waited for her to come to meet him at the entrance and when she didn't, Jeremy opened the Mansion to enter but Lara shouted his name.

"Jeremy!" She shouted. Her footsteps sounded as she walked to the entrance and collided with Jeremy's arm. "Sorry." She apologized. "I can't see shits." She said.

"It's fine," Jeremy said, and let's go of the doorknob.

Lara tried to traced his face with her hand but instead, her hand met with his chest. "Oops, sorry." She withdrew her hand but Jeremy grabbed it and placed it back on his chest. "What are you doing?"

"I missed you." He confessed.

Lara chuckled but didn't say anything. Even in the darkness, they stared at each other and were lost in the moment until the door opened.

Kendra cleared her throat and pointed inside. "If you are done with your love moments. We need you inside the house." She said.

"Alright," Lara withdrew her hand from Jeremy's chest and walk past him into the house.

When she got in, everyone stared at her and it got worse when Jeremy walked into the living room and stood behind her.

"Are you all going to keep staring like zombies? Chop chop." Kendra clapped her hands. "Enough staring for one night." She told them.