Episode 16-law and justice 📑

"You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness. Tears come from the heart and not from the brain. To have felt too much is to end in feeling nothing. People keep telling me that life goes on, but to me, that's the saddest part."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Background music: cold isolation by David fesliyan.
____________________________________

The whispering and cries of a woman could be heard in the two storey mansion of Timothy Mathews. He lead his wife and two children, a boy and a girl to the black jeep surrounded by three guards dressed in black suits. Timothy Mathews knew the feathers would come for him and kill him but he had to save his family even if he doesn't survive the night.

" go stay with your aunt in Rome Rebecca, I promise I'll come back for you and the children."Timothy hugged his wife and his children and lead them all inside the car.

"Timothy, this would have been easy if you had just shut your mouth. If you die tonight, how I'm I going to survive without you?"Rebecca burst into tears and gave Timothy the last look before shutting the car door.

Timothy instructed the guards on the route to take to the airport and when he was done, two jeeps drove out of the compound while he went back to his mansion ready to face his death. As he entered his living room, the lights went off and came back on. There on his brown couch was Daniel Hamilton sitting with his hand folded together.

"Well, well. If it isn't the state council of langose."Daniel stood up from the couch he was sitting and walked to where Timothy was standing. "I'm Daniel Hamilton, oh my bad. You knew me so well to talk about me."

"I know you we're going to come and I'm prepared for my death,"Timothy replied.

Daniel laughed and signal to Andre who stood at the back of the brown couch. "Andre, bring me the syringe, "he instructed. Andre bought out a syringe filled up with liquid from the white suitcase in his hand and handed it over to Daniel.

"Should I tell you a story state council?"Daniel offered, but Timothy just stared at him waiting patiently for his death.

"I saw you talking to your wife a moment ago. You should have listened to her about shutting your mouth up. Do you know what this syringe contains?"Daniel raised the syringe in his hand up and pointed it at Timothy. "It contains a poison that eats your lungs out and gives you a slow painful death."

Timothy moved closer to Daniel and faced him. They both stared at each other for a while before breaking the staring contest.

"I thought you have a dog that does all your dirty job. For a leader, I never believe you would stoop so low to come here and tell me stories that touch my heart. Get on with killing me, Daniel Hamilton."Timothy shouted.

Daniel raised his hand and stabbed him with the syringe on his neck. Timothy Mathews choked and cough out blood and fell to the ground.

"I hate two things state council. One, I hate when someone tries to stop all I have labored for, and two, I hate when people speak low of me."Daniel told him and bent down and whispered into Timothy's ear. "I get rid of people like you. "

Timothy spat the blood in his mouth on Daniel's face and shouted with all his might. "I hope you rot in hell and die there."

Andre who was in the room kicked Timothy in the stomach and bought out his gun to shoot him but he was stopped by Daniel.

"I'm already in hell Matthew"Daniel bought out a handkerchief from his suit pocket and wipe the blood off his face. "I forgot to tell you that, your wife and children didn't get to the airport, "Daniel informed. Timothy stared at him with a shocked expression and shouted at him.